New stamps for Beate's sketch . . .

My new SU! goodies are here!!!! I *heart* everything soooo much! I decided to take a break from organizing to create this little number for Beate's sketch this week - before it's too late! I decided to use Garden Whimsy and was inspired by the new catty when I chose my color combination - Old Olive, Rose Red, Pumpkin Pie, and Soft Sky. This style of card is called a "joy fold" and they are so much fun to make! Beate has an excellent tutorial up on her blog, fresh & fun, if you'd like to try it out! I knew I wanted to give my butterflies some dimension, so I stamped the bodies, antennae, and "movement lines" right onto my cardstock panel, but I stamped the wings separately onto another piece of cs. I then cut them out using my paper snips and popped them up on dimensionals. I made the "Beate style" closure by stamping and cutting out the ladybug and popping her up on dimensionals as well. This way the card naturally stays closed, but is easily opened to reveal the inside greeting! Pure genius she is, that Beate!!! I am off to play with my new toys some more, but wanted to share this little darlin' with you right away! *wink*

6 comments:

AJ said...

Cute, CUTE card!! I am trying to get some stamping done today!!

Dottie K said...

Teresa this is lovely. Awesome color combo. The card you sent to Beate is beautiful. Have fun playing with all your new goodies. Can't wait to see what you post next. TFS

beate said...

Teresa, that's sooo pretty! LOVE the set and the colors you chose. Absolutely darling!

mj albright said...

Such a beautiful card.
Great job on the sketch challenge.
This set is definitely on my wish list!

Tandra said...

Hi Teresa! I found your blog thru Beates'! What great stuff you make!! I love Garden Whimsy, I still need to cut mine!
Ill be back looking for more!

Lori Craig said...

oh how cute! love your joy-fold card! bright, cheery...adorable!