I'm Gettin' Dirty . . .

. . . over at Splitcoaststampers! All this week (7/25-7/31) SCS is hosting special challenges just for Fan Club members. I am so excited to be taking part in this awesome event!!! Yesterday there were four challenges posted. So far I have completed three of them and am working on the fourth! It is my goal to be able to participate in them all! *grin*

The first challenge was hosted by Anna Wight
(SweetMissDaisy) and was to make a card for a pet, from a pet, or with a pet on it. Anna is a stamp designer for Whipper Snapper, and although she didn't design this little guy in particular, I though he would be perfect for this challenge! I stamped him on watercolor paper and used my WWC's and aquapainter to color him in. Then I cut him out and mounted him onto a mega punched vanilla circle. That is matted onto a chocolate giga scalloped circle, which I used the 1/16" punch to notch the scallops of. The ribbon is from Joanns and is added with some brass hodgepodge hardware. The tab is caribbean cs punched with the Round Tab punch and the sentiment is from Fancy Flexible Phrases.

The next challenge was to bathe our cards in brads and it was hosted by Jody Morrow (texasjodylynn). Since Jody enabled me to purchase this Carrie stamp and sentiment by Rubber Romance, I thought it was only fitting that I use it for the first time on her challenge! This card was also challenging in that the image is so large, but I think it worked out ok. I used a mixture of markers and WWC's to color in the image. Colors used are Really Rust, Sage Shadow, Creamy Caramel, Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip, and Blush Blossom. I distressed the main panel and matted it onto chocolate cs before adding it to the Sage Shadow card base. I added three antique copper brads in each corner for a total of 12 and added the lasso (made of linen thread) with a mini glue dot as a finishing touch!

The third challenge I have completed so far was a Sketch Challenge, hostel by Jen del Muro (genie1314). I decided to use the Cutie Pie ds papers for my card and paired them with my new Garden Whimsy stamp set. I also used the Circle of Friendship stamp set for the circle medallion. Colors are So Saffron, Rose Red, Certainly Celery and Bashful Blue. I think it turned out cute, don't you?

I am still working on my project for the fourth challenge from yesterday. Just a little hint- it is *not* a card! Stay tuned for more fun to come! *wink*

4 comments:

Ticia said...

Great use of brads on your country girl cards !

Anna Wight (SweetMissDaisy) said...

All of your cards turned out just perfect!! =)

AJ said...

They are all cute!!! I *LOVE* the garden whimsy one....I am thinking I *need* that paper now, where I didn't before....ugh.

Lisa said...

These are fab.