Hi There . . .

Isn't this little guy just the cutest? I fell in love with him the moment I saw him . . . He started as a drawing by my oh-so-talented friend, Kristin Soboloski. For a glimpse of more of her fabulous designs, swim on over to her blog - Artfully Inking (link at right). For this card, I decided to catch up on this week's sketch challenge over at SCS. I stamped the turtle in black StazOn ink on watercolor paper and used my aquapainter and celery, olive, and caribbean inks to color him in. I added a sentiment from the Fancy Flexible Phrases set in the top left corner. I matted two pieces of coordinating patterned paper from the Petals and Paisleys collection onto my Old Olive card base. Next I added some satin reversible ribbon and popped the main image up on dimensionals. Be on the lookout for more adventures of "Turtle and Friends" soon! If you are interested in finding out more about the Artful Inkables line of stamps, please visit the Starving Artistamps site.

10 comments:

Dorinda said...

Super Duper cute!!!

Dorinda said...

Super Duper cute!!!

texasjodylynn said...

That is SO SO cute! You did a great job with it!

Gina Wrona said...

Awesome, looks like he's treading water or swimming off the card!

Donna B. said...

yes! He is & I love your card!!!

Dottie K said...

He is adorable. I love him swimming. As always what a beautiful card.

AJ said...

absolutely adorable!! what a great little stamp!!! fab card too btw!!!

beate said...

That is absolutely adorable. I so NEED this stamp. Hugs!

mj albright said...

what an awesome card. Love Love Love the colors. And that cute little turtle...so sweet.
PS...you've been tagged.

Deb AKA "Turtle" said...

That little turtle is so adorable!! Great job with the layouts and color combonations. I just love how everything coordinates on your cards. TFS