Swaps, swaps, swaps . . .

*Phews* Well, I have completed the second group of swaps I signed up for - only 3 more to go!!! This card was inspired by a card made by JanTInk over at SCS. I loved the layout and papers she used, and I added a few of my own touches as well. I started with a 4.25" square card base of River Rock cs - one of the new SU! In Colors for 2008. I stamped the flourish stamp from Baroque Motifs in River Rock ink on the top and bottom 1/3 of the card. For the center strip I used the new coordinating Brocade Background designer series papers. The striped piece is 2" tall and the two floral strips are 3/4". Next I tied a piece of taupe grosgrain ribbon in between the floral strips. For the focal medallion, I stamped the square piece in olive ink and the flower in Versamark and embossed in gold. They were both painstakingly cut out from the vanilla cs using my paper snips - my hands were sore after 12 of each! LOL! Both pieces are popped up on dimensionals for a very 3-D effect. Finally, I stamped the cherish sentiment in the bottom right corner in Versamark and embossed it in gold. I really like the way the gold ep looks with these colors, and the taupe ribbon seemed to fit right in. Wish me luck as I attempt to finish at least one more group of cards today! *wink*

7 comments:

AJ said...

woohoo!! see, i knew I shoulda ordered baroque motifs!!! great job!!

Peggy Maier said...

Great job with the card! I think this set is a must have on my list. And, I must say I just love Jan Tink - her blog never fails to lift my spirits - she has a real gift for blogging! (& her cards aren't bad either : ) !!!

kelly said...

Awesome card!! You rock!

Jackie said...

I love this card Teresa. It's just gorgeous...everything about it is just pretty. Your colors are awesome and the layout---great!! Nice job girly.

Dottie K said...

Wow this is gorgeous! I so enjoy viewing your blog - TFS.

Lisa said...

Absolutely stunning!!!

love2Bcreative said...

love the layout and colors on this one!!! too kewl!
TFS~