A Quick Sketch . . .

I have been wanting to participate in Beate's weekly Sketch Challenges over at fresh & fun for a few weeks now, but unfortunately my busy schedule (I work weekends) has kept me from being able to. So image my surprise and excitement when I saw that this weekend's challenge had already been posted!!!!! And, since I already had this little puppy image stamped (in brown StazOn) and partially watercolored (with wwc's and aquapainter) from earlier today, it was perfect timing! I punched out the Patient Puppy by Whipper Snapper Designs on vanilla cs with my mega scalloped circle punch and pierced the scallops using my 1/16" punch. I decided to use a strip of caribbean patterned paper from the Paisleys & Petals collection, so I colored the puppy's collar caribbean as well. I matted the ds paper onto Chocolate Chip cs, which I adhered to the Creamy Caramel card base. I added some aged copper brads and popped up the main image on dimensionals. I added the "i miss you" sentiment (from All Year Cheer II) in chocolate ink and stuck the tab under the strip of ds paper. This is going to a good friend of mine who just happens to be a dog lover too! *wink*

13 comments:

beate said...

Teresa, your card just makes me go oohhhh. It's sooo cute! Love it. Thanks so much for playing. Hugs and smiles

kelly said...

This is so cute! I love that puppy.

kelly said...

cute card! I love the puppy.

Peggy Maier said...

Love that puppy. This is a sweet card.

Sherrie said...

this is really cute....great job with the watercoloring!

KIMBERLY said...

Too cute! Great job!

Rose Ann said...

This is such a cute card! Adorable!

Pam Speidel said...

I just found your blog via Beate's blog sketch challenge. This card is ADORABLE! And I'll be adding your blog to my favorites too!
Happy Stamping and Smiles 2 U,
Pam :)
"Stamping with Serendipity"

Corie said...

This card is adorable, especially since I am partial to dogs.

Becky said...

Just too cute! The puppy is so sweet. You did a beautiful job watercoloring.

Julesiana said...

This is adorable!!
I love these color choices!!
Great Card!

chelemom said...

This is tooo cute! I love the paper you chose to go with that cute dog stamp!

Heather said...

Great card! :) I love the colors you used together, and that stamped puppy image is a-dor-able!