If it's not Baroque . . .

Today is Wednesday, and you know what that means - it's time for another SCS Sketch Challenge!!! I decided to use my new favorite stamp set, Baroque Motifs again - mostly because I just can't seem to put it down! I just love the elegant look of this set and it is super easy to use! To quote a line from one of my favorite Disney movies, Beauty and the Beast, "If it's not Baroque, don't fix it." I am tending to agree . . . *wink* I started with a River Rock card base, and stamped the large flourish across it diagonally, about one and a half times using River Rock ink. Next I selected a piece of designer series paper from the coordinating Brocade Backgrounds collection and sponged the sides using Chocolate Chip ink. I matted it onto a strip of Chocolate Chip cs and adhered it to the card base. Next I punched out a circle from some shimmery vanilla cs using my mega punch and sponged the edges using chocolate ink. I stamped the large medallion in chocolate and the stamped the large flower in olive ink on a separate piece of cs and cut it out. I stamped the small flower in chocolate ink and punched it out using my 1/2" circle punch and adhered it to the larger flower. I added an aged copper brad to the center, and popped it up on dimensionals over the medallion image. Then I matted the entire circle onto a mega scalloped circle I punched from chocolate cs and notched the scalloped using my 1/16" punch. Finally, I adhered the image to the card using dimensionals. Well, this is my 150th post and I'm thinking it is time for some blog candy, what do you think? Stay tuned for more info in the not-so-distant future! *grin*

6 comments:

Tracie said...

I love that movie-Disney's Beauty and The Beast has been my favorite since it came out! I especially love the "If it is baroque, I say, don't fix it". I'm glad to share that with you!

Lisa said...

This is beautiful. I'm glad it's working for you. :)

Can't wait to see what else you do with it.

Dottie K said...

I do agree - this set is just so elegant. I wasn't thrilled with it in the book but after seeing it used I really love how the cards look. This is just lovely. TFS

Peggy Maier said...

You create such lovely cards! This one is no exception!

Janelle said...

I wasn't sure about this set when I first saw it in the preview, but thanks to cards like this, I now love it! Can't wait to start playing with it myself! TFS!

Julie Campbell said...

What a pretty card! I have the Baroque set ordered but didn't get the paper. I just wasn't sure about it.... until I saw what you did with yours. Great job!