Hi . . .

Well, one more group down and now I only have two more to go! This card features the Pick a Petal set, which will be featured in the SU! Fall/Winter Collection. I started with a Soft Sky 4.25" square card base. I use my slit punch to create a scalloped border from black cs, and slid a strip of Purely Pomegranate cs underneath to make it pop a bit. I used my 1/8" circle punch to notch the scallops and added some black gingham ribbon across the panel. To create the flower I stamped three polkadotted petals in Soft Sky ink on shimmery white cs, and three scalloped petals in Versamark ink on Purely Pomegranate cs. I cut out all the petals - 72 of them! - and then matted the polkadotted petals onto black cs and cut them out again using my tiny scalloped scissors. Next I stamped the scalloped centers in Versamark on black cs, embossed them in white and cut the out. I arranged the petals onto the card base and popped up the center on dimensionals. Finally, I created the "hi" sentiment using the Typeset Alphabet Lower and black ink (although it looks blue-ish here). I think it turned out cute, and I hope my fellow swappers agree! *wink*

9 comments:

AJ said...

very nice!! I love the alternating leaf colors! great job!!

Jackie said...

I knew it would be beautiful Teresa. Love the colors and the flower is great...can't wait to see it in person--if it's for our swap that is *wink* Nice job as always!!!

Rebecca said...

Love this! The colors are so vibrant!

Kristine said...

Oh, that rocks, T!! :) Love your colors and that stamps et is tooo cute!! Can't wait for the new catty. You demos are soo lucky :)

kim l. said...

Cool! Love the colors and the scalloped edge!

Dottie K said...

Ooohhh those lucky ladies that will receive this adorable card. Love the colors.

Lori Craig said...

Beautiful, Teresa! I love your cards with Baroque...so pretty. The colors, the design....you are so good!

love2Bcreative said...

how neat!!!!
TFS~

Heidi said...

great card! Love the black outline on some petals! The colors are perfect too!