Happy Chic . . .

Well, I spent most of today out shopping. My hubby had the morning off from work, so we decided to head out to the nearest urban area (seeing as we live in the middle of nowhere), and just relax a little. We went to Michaels, Target, Best Buy, Barnes & Noble, and the mall! *phews* Now that I am home I wanted to truly relax, so I used some of the new papers I purchased today to create another card for this week's sketch challenge over at SCS. I started by cutting down the Boho Chic patterned paper by We R Memory Keepers to fit the sketch. I adhered the striped paper onto the Chocolate Chip card base and matter the funky flowers onto a piece of Really Rust cs. I notched the corners of the flower paper using my 1/4" circle punch to create a faux ticket corner look, and added some aged copper brads. This panel is popped up on dimensionals. Next I cut a narrow strip of the striped paper and stamped "happy" from Happy Everything across it in chocolate ink and attached it with two aged copper brads. Fairly quick and simple, but again, I like the look! Tomorrow my new SU! goodies are slated to arrive, so stay tuned!!! *wink*

3 comments:

Dottie K said...

Wow. I love the colors in this card. I really enjoy seeing your work and like how add the stripe on top with the word happy. Looking forward to seeing what's next.

AJ said...

Ahhh new stuff!!! always fun!!
Great card, I almost used that sentiment the same way!!!

Ticia said...

very pretty I love the colors!