Feelin' Sketchy . . .

Ugh! I feel as thought I *may* be coming down with a slight cold . . . again!!! It would certainly explain my lack of mojo lately. Well, that and the fact that whenever I have new rubbah' on the way I never want to play with anything I already have I am currently awaiting my goodies from SU!'s Fall/Winter Collection Preview. I have been not-so-patiently looking on as all my friends seem to be creating with their new toys already! *pout* Mine will be here Friday, so I'll just have to keep busy until then . . . So today is Sketch Challenge day over at SCS, and it is pretty simple and basic. Should've been easy for me, but no. I knew I wanted to use these beautimous papers by We R Memory Keepers from the Precious Metals - Vintage Brass collection. After matting the stripes on some olive Bazzil cs and the flowers on Sage Shadow cs, I tried adding a stamped image, to no avail. I am sad because I ruined one of the precious bee images Beate sent me. :( I thought about stamping on acetate across the center panel, but nothing really looked right. I settled on just adding this fancy "sweetness" snap, which just happens to coordinate perfectly with the papers. Go figure, since it is made by the same company and is also labeled Vintage Brass - lol! ;) In the end, I think it turned out fine, even if there was no stamping involved. *wink*

6 comments:

Peggy Maier said...

Wow! Love the paper & esp. the large snap. I've never seen any like that! Good job.

Dottie K said...

Love the big snap with that paper. Just stunning! I really enjoy your blog and love your creations. Sorry to hear about the bee - their so cute. I looked for that stamp at one of our stores-they got an order in but no bees.

Aunt T said...

Very pretty. I've never seen anything like it either. Great colors.

Teresa

Nicki said...

You have had some of the most adorable cards lately!!! (okay...not just lately, ALWAYS) Love them all!!!

Lisa said...

This is super dee duper!!!!

Just love what you did with the challenge!

beate said...

Love your paper combo. What a great card for that challenge!

I hope you feel better soon. Hugs