Circle Hello . . .

It is time for another Sketch Challenge from Beate! Can I just say again how fabulous she is? I mean, the girl is on vacation and she is still posting to her blog every day!!! That's some serious dedication! *wink* This weekend, Beate's challenge is to make a circle card. I have never made a circle card before, but it was so much fun! I don't own any sort of circle cutting system, so I looked around and grabbed a small paint can and traced the bottom of that for my circle. Then I scored the paper at the edge and folded it to make two sides of the card. I cut out the circle with my paper snips and erased the pencil lines and voila! Next I added a strip of white cs for the spine of the card. I attached some clack brads and some black gingham ribbon. Then I scored the card again just under the ribbon. For the main image I stamped 5 of the sketch outline petals from the upcoming Pick a Petal set by Stampin' UP! They were stamped in Versamark on Groovy Guava cs and embossed in black. I cut them out using my paper snips and adhered them to the card. Next I embossed the scalloped center in white on black cs and cut it out. I added a clear crystal brad int he center and popped it up on dimensionals. For the sentiment I chose of of the studio G $1 images I purchased at Michaels and stamped it in Black StazOn. I love this color combination!!! Thanks for another fun sketch, Beate!!!

7 comments:

Rose Ann said...

Beautiful!!! Love your color choices. Great job on Beate's challenge!

AJ said...

Fantabulous!! I did one as well!! I love it, the circles are fun aren't they!! I love that pick a petal...great colors!!

Heather said...

You must have a really steady hand! :) That circle is perfect!! Wonderful card, I love the colors and the bling in the flower center.

Lisa said...

I love the circle cards, they are all the rage right now. This one is beautiful.

Aunt T said...

You did a great job with this. I love it.

Teresa

Markie's Mom said...

Great card!

Flossie's Follies said...

What a great card, love your take on Beate's sketch