Christmas in June . . .

Well, here they are! The last of my card swaps that are due this month!!! I am very excited to have them done - yippee! Now I have to finish my Rolodex cards for another swap, and then get to work on my Circle Journal. *phews* I love this set, but I was soooo not in the mood to be making Christmas cards! It is called Perfect Presentation, and will be a level 2 hostess set in the upcoming SU! Fall/Winter Collection. For the first card I started by stamping the library card from Stamp of Authenticity in chocolate ink on Very Vanilla cs. Next I stamped the tree image in River Rock ink. On a separate piece of cs I stamped the merry definition stamp, which I inked using my red and olive markers. I cute it out and popped it up on dimensionals. Then I matted the library card onto Chocolate Chip cs and adhered it to the 4.25" square River Rock card base. I stamped the North Pole circle and the Merry Christmas sentiment (from Glad Tidings) in Versamark ink and embossed them in gold. Finally, I added some red gingham ribbon.

For the second card, I started with a 4" square of Sofy Sky cs. I cut a small vellum square and sewed it (not well) on three sides to the Soft Sky panel. Next I created a frame around the pocket using the snowflake image and Not Quite Navy ink. I matted this panel to a 4.25" Navy card base. Next I took the snowman image and inked it up with Soft Sky ink and rocked and rolled it in the Night of Navy ink before stamping it on whisper White cs. I trimmed around the image and matted it onto some Not Quite Navy cs. I used the tag corner punch at the top to create a tag, and added some narrow white organdy ribbon with a staple. Tuck the tag in the pocket and voila!

I just realized that all five swap cards I made are square cards. This is not normally a shape I use, so I guess I must've been in a square sort of mood! I also used the UHU Glue Roller, which I received as a promotional item, to complete all 56 of my swap cards! Lemme tell you, they took alot of adhesive and I was quite pleasantly surprised that I didn't run out!!! This adhesive holds well, and is super nice to hold and easy to use! Best of all - it is refillable!!! Thanks, UHU!

7 comments:

texasjodylynn said...

GREAT cards! I love them! I don't know how you can Christmas stamp right now. LOL It is SO flipping hot!

Dottie K said...

Two more wonderful cards.

Lori Craig said...

WoWZa! You have been busy! I love your hostess set cards! It's hard to think Christmas, but you certainly nailed it! Very, very pretty!

Lisa said...

Wow, i am so in awe of your new toys and wonderful talent.
I can't wait to be able to play too!

kimluk said...

Awesome cards!!

love2Bcreative said...

OHH! I just luv this Christmas card Teresa ~ ~ ~ love all of your detail and your colors! TOO COOL!
TFS~

Heidi said...

Wow Teresa!! I love that tree card! Awesome colors and I like the ribbon and the sentiment down the side.