Cherish New Rubbah . . .

Whoo hoo!!! My new SU! goodies have arrived!!! *giddies* I set to work right away working on my swap cards that are due a week from today. I need to get those in the mail on Monday, but I really wanted to use one of my new sets. For the layout, I was inspired by Beate's sketch challenge for this weekend, gate fold cards, as posted on her blog. Follow the link at right to get all the details! I started by cutting and folding the Not Quite Navy card base. Next I cut down some squares of Soft Sky cs and stamped them in sky ink using the large flourish image from one of my new sets, Baroque Motifs. I cut the square down the center and adhered the panels to the card base. For the main image, I chose a 2 1/2" square of Night of Navy cs, and matted it with a 2 1/4" square of shimmery white cs, which I notched the corners of using my 1/4" circle punch to create a faux ticket corner design. I stamped the flower seal image in Not Quite Navy ink on Soft Sky cs, and it out using my paper snips. I adhered it to the square using a silver brad. Next I stamped the "cherish" sentiment in Not Quite Navy ink in the bottom right corner. As a finishing touch I added a closure tie using some silver cord. I think this would make a cute wedding card! I can't wait to get some more play time with my new rubbah, but it will probably be Monday before I have anything new to share. Check back then to see more sneak peeks of the upcoming SU! Fall/Winter Collection! *wink*

4 comments:

beate said...

Teresa, your card is gorgeous! Love your color choices, the way you did the corners and the cord! Can't wait to see more samples with your new stuff!!!

Heather said...

Awesome card!! Great minds think alike... I was planning on using Baroque Motifs on my challenge card as well, but you beat me to it. :)

Love the colors!

Dottie K said...

This is stunning. I so enjoy your blog and your work. I really like the colors. It would make a beautiful wedding card. TFS

love2Bcreative said...

TOO TOO Awesome Teresa!
Luv It!
TFS~