Beate's Sketch Revisited . . .

I enjoyed Beate's sketch for this weekend so much that I decided to give it another try. I wanted to try out the color combination of Groovy Guava and Chocolate Chip for this card. I started with a chocolate card base and folded it to the specifications. I cut two guava panels and stamped them in chocolate ink with the flourish image from my new Baroque Motifs set. Then I sponged the edges in chocolate ink and adhered them to the card base. Next I stamped the square medallion image in chocolate ink on Chocolate Chip cs and cut it out. I also stamped the large flower image in chocolate ink on guava cs, cut it out, and attached it to the chocolate medallion using an antique brass brad. I decided to use a piece of my chocolate twill tape from the Martha Stewart collection as a closure for the card, and I used a buckle from my hodgepodge hardware tin as well. On the inside of the card is a guava square, on which I stamped a border using the small flower image and sponged the edges in chocolate ink. The medallion is attached on the left side with dimensionals. The flap of the twill tucks behind the medallion, and allows the card to open easily. I am really loving this set so far! Seems as though you can't go wrong, whatever you do!!!

10 comments:

Dottie K said...

Teresa, this is stunning! Just love the color combo and how you used the ribbon. TFS Have a great day.

Cheryl said...

Love what you did. I am so frustrated. I keep seeing these gatefold cards and now Beate's blog is down and I can't get the instructions. It looks fantastic and you did great. Love that stamp set. It will be the first one I purchase. Thanks for sharing.
Cheryl Sims

beate said...

This is so beautiful Teresa. I absolutely LOVE it!

Heather said...

This is just BEAUTIFUL!!

Nancy Grant said...

Stunning indeed! Wow!
:-)

Flossie's Follies said...

Hello from Florida, great card, I am growing fond of this stamp set.

Lisa said...

I absolutely adore this card. All your touches are fab!!!

Silvergirl said...

OMG! This is absolutely amazing! I am in awe!

Thanks for sharing,
Lisa

love2Bcreative said...

uh my goodness --- this one is too awesome too!! WOW!!
TFS~

Anonymous said...

Very pretty, love the color combo.