Beate's Simple Sketch . . .

This is Beate's Sketch for this weekend. I *love* the simplicity of it! And I am lucky enough to "own" a Beate original of the same design! *grin* I am still lovin' my new Baroque Motifs set, so I decided to make yet another card with it! I am really hoping to see more sets like this in the new SU! catty - won't be long now! *giddies* I started by selecting a piece of Brocade Backgrounds designer series paper for the background of my card, and matted it onto a shimmery vanilla card base. Next I cut a 1 1/4" strip of shimmery vanilla cs and pierced both sides using my new Cutterbee Piercing Bug. Lemme tell you, this takes all the fuss out of piercing - it is so easy to use!!! I stamped the kind sentiment in River Rock ink and matted the strip onto some Chocolate Chip cs. Then I stamped the flower image in River Rock ink onto shimmery vanilla cs and punched it out using my 1 1/4" circle punch. I added a piece of chocolate cs which I punched with my 1 3/8" circle punch to the back and put an aged copper brad through the center. The medallion is popped up on dimensionals. This sketch would work fabulously for any patterned paper - why not give it a try? *wink* Oh, and I have decided to take the weekend to ponder what I will be offering as my blog candy. Never fear, I will post it early next week! Have any ideas of what you'd like to see? Drop me a line . . . ;)

9 comments:

Dottie K said...

Just love this set and your card is beautiful.

Corie said...

Love it. Simple yet VERY elegant.

Karen said...

Beautiful card!

AJ said...

love, LOVE, love it!!! great card!

Leigh said...

A beautiful, elegant card.

mum on the run said...

Lovely card, very elegant

Flossie's Follies said...

Beauitful card, it is so soft and elegant

Heather said...

Just beautiful!

beate said...

Teresa,

This is simply stunning! Thanks a million for participating in the sketch (and for your tag card. I will post it soon!)
Hugs and smiles