Are you a Technique Lover???

I know I am! I am always in search of new techniques I can learn to beef up my stampin' skills! Well, Monday is the day to do just that!!! Head on over to Splitcoaststampers to try out this week's Technique Lover's Challenge - Origami Shirts! I had seen one of these at a friend's house and I prompty stated, "I can't do that." Well, turns out that with a little time and the proper guidance - I can do it!!! *grin* I thought this would be perfect for making all those Father's Day cards I have been dreading. I am no good at making masculine cards! I followed the instructions using a piece of Sentimental Journey designer series paper. When I first got this paper my husband John saw it and thought it would make a nice shirt! Well, here it is and although it is probably not what he meant, I hope he and the other fathers in my life like it! After folding the shirt I added some aged copper brads for buttons. Then I started with a Sahara Sand card base and stamped it all over using sahara ink and stamps from the Office Accoutrement and Stamp of Authenticity sets to create my own background. Next I stamped the library pocket from Stamp of Authenticity in chocolate ink on Very Vanilla cs. I added the "Happy Father's Day" sentiment from All Year Cheer II in Buckaroo Blue ink, and the "for you" (from Happy Everything) and "dearest dad" (from Fancy Flexible Phrases) in Cranberry Crisp ink. I matted the card onto buckaroo cs and adhered everything to the card base. Finally, I added some pieces of cranberry stitched grosgrain ribbon in two of the corners. Go ahead, try a new technique! *wink*

5 comments:

Beth said...

What a great card (am I allowed to call a masculine card beautiful)?!? That paper is absolutely perfect for this technique. I, also, love the color combination and the layout! Thanks for visiting my blog!

Dottie K said...

This is just perfect for a man. Love everything you did especially the shirt. I don't have any father's day cards but will have to try this for a birthday card. TFS

Dorinda said...

Beautiful T!! Great job on this!!

beate said...

Great shirt, Teresa! Love it.

Becky said...

Great choice of paper for the shirt. Looks like something my dad would have worn! The card looks wonderful!