Swapabellas . . .

Hello, my name is Teresa, and I'm a swapaholic! I am finding myself a bit overextended lately. I just can't say "no" - lol! I have been working furiously to complete my swaps that are due next week. Unfortunately, life is keeping me pretty busy right now as well. There is never enough time, right? Oh well, two down and four to go! These cards are for a Bella swap I was invited to participate in. I just love these cute little gals, and I am excited to see some new ideas for using them. The first card features Flowahbella. I started by stamping her in brown StazOn ink on some Bazzil white textured cardstock. I watercolored the image using an aquapainter and cranberry, artichoke, saffron and pumpkin inks, as well as my watercolor wonder crayons. I matted the panel onto Chocolate Chip cs and popped it up on dimensionals. Next I cut a strip of Bo Bunny patterned paper and matted it onto some Always Artichoke cs, which I frayed the edges of using my edge distresser. I adhered the strip to my Cranberry Crisp card base, and stamped the sentiment from Green Thumb by PaperTrey Ink in chocolate ink in the lower right corner. Finally, I attached some saffron, pumpkin, and burgundy stacked Prima flowers with an artichoke brad. The second card features Cakeabella. I started with a turquoise piece of white core DCWV textured paper and ran it through my Cuttlebug using the Happy Birthday embossing folder. Next I sanded the background to give a more distressed look. I tied some American Crafts ribbon around background layer and adhered it to the shimmery white card base. For the main image, I stamped Cakeabella in black StazOn ink on shimmery white cs and punched her out using my mega scalloped oval punch. I watercolored the image using my watercolor wonder crayons and an aquapainter. The Bella image is popped up on dimensionals. I hope everyone likes my swaps, and I am moving on to my next project. Have a great weekend everyone! *wink*

2 comments:

beate said...

Teresa, those look beautiful! Great swap cards!!!

Allison said...

I hear ya about the swaps...I gotta get mine done!