Striking flowers . . .

Well, there is something about the natural beauty of these stamps in the Green Thumb set by PaperTrey Ink that make my creations lean toward the more simplistic. I was inspired by an article in the latest issue of Paper Crafts magazine, by none other than Nichole Heady herself, regarding the use of acetate overlays. Also, my friend Alli (Ally on SCS), who is the queen of black and white cards, has had me wanting to try out that minimalist color combination for quite some time. I could not get a good picture, but this card is really quite elegant in real life. I started with a card base made from Bazzil textured white cs, sized to 4" x 5 1/4". On it I stamped these flowers from the Green Thumb set in black StazOn ink. I added the sentiment to the left of the blooms, and used tiny rhinestone stickers for the centers of the flowers. Over the white cs is a standard A-2 sized acetate overlay. Everything is tied together with a piece of sheer black dotted organdy ribbon. To me, it has a simply stunning effect, although I am not sure it comes across well in the photo. It is also the first time I have used Bazzil cardstock, and I must say that I love the texture of it for a project like this. I am hoping to receive my Little Lady, PaperTrey's newest stamp set, in the mail today or tomorrow!

5 comments:

beate said...

Oh...I love the simplicity of this one. It's beautiful!

Dottie K said...

This is just stunning!

Peggy Maier said...

It's amazing how something so simple can be so beautiful!

Lisa said...

Amazing.... there is so much beauty in it's simplicity!

Silvergirl said...

This is so simply beautiful. Sometimes the super simple cards are harder to make, aren't they?

Thanks for sharing!
Lisa