New Product Spotlight . . .

Check out this calla lily - isn't it gorgeous? OK, I admit, I am a sucker for flowers, but this is one flower that doesn't seem to get much play. So you can imagine how excited I was to find it featured in a new line of stamps called Artful Inkables! Starving Artistamps produces these beauties, which just happen to be designed my friend Kristin Soboloski!!! Kristin is a super talented stamper, but she is also an artist who often sketches images for her products. Check out her blog, Artfully Inking, through the link at right to see what I mean! Several of us urged her to find a stamp company to produce her images, mainly for selfish reasons - we couldn't wait to get our hands on them!!! *wink* Well, Jody Morrow is on the design team for Starving Artistamps and she put Kristin in touch with the owner, Tracey - and the rest is history!!! OK, you have got to go check these beauties out for yourselves:

http://starvingartistamps.com/artful_inkables_blossoms_and_petals_1.html

http://starvingartistamps.com/artful_inkables_bugs_1.html


http://starvingartistamps.com/artful_inkables_plants_1.html

I have ordered several of Kristin's stamps, two of which are featured on this card. I kept it simple, because I really wanted to focus on these gorgeous stamps. I started by stamping the calla lily in black StazOn ink on watercolor paper. I colored the image using Certainly Celery and So Saffron inks and my aquapainter. Next I used my Sakura Stardust glitter pen to highlight the edges of the flower and the stamen. I tied a piece of sheer black dotted organdy around the stem and matted the image on black cs. For the card base I used celery cs. Next I took a piece of saffron patterned paper from SU!'s Palette O' Prints collection. I notched it with my 1/4 circle punch in the corners for a faux ticket corner effect and matted it onto black cs. Finally, I stamped the sentiment, which reads "Friends, like flowers, bloom year after year", underneath the main image in black ink. The main image panel is popped up on dimensionals.
One more thing about these and other stamps from Starving Artistamps - you can purchase them mounted or unmounted! A girl's gotta have options, right? And lemme just say that I purchased my Artful Inkables on Wednesday night, they shipped right away, and I had them in my hands by Friday! Talk about service!!! If you have any questions, drop me a line ok? I'll be playing with my new rubbah a bit later today, and I can't wait to share them with you!

4 comments:

Karen said...

This is super pretty! I am still trying to decide how I want to color my calla lilly stamp.

beate said...

You made a gorgeous card with Kristin's wonderful new stamps!

Well Said Cards said...

Thank you so much for sharing that great product information! I love those stamps. I might have to do a little shopping.

Pam Speidel said...

You're right! This is STUNNING! A new line of stamps I've never heard of...that spells T-R-O-U-B-L-E!!! lol