Mmmmm . . . chocolate!!!!!

I did it!!!!!!!!! I *finally* got a chance to stamp!!!!!!!!!!!! I spent this morning working on my cards for an upcoming swap I am in featuring the Green Thumb stamp set by PaperTrey Ink. I was browsing the gallery over at Splitcoaststampers yesterday and was inspired by Kendra (scrapstampindiva) to make chocolate covered strawberries - yum! I also too some inspiration for my background from Emily (emilymomto3boys). I started by coloring the berry image with my chocolate and red markers. After stamping them onto white cs, I cut them out and ran my chocolate marker over the bottom portion a few times to fill in the white from the "seeds". Next I punched a scalloped circle from white cs with my new giga punch. I stamped the stem images in Garden Green and then added the berry portion, which is popped up on dimensionals. I used my 1/16" punch to "pierce" the scallops, and I added the sentiment in chocolate ink above the strawberries. For the background, I used my Cuttlebug and new Spots & Dots embossing folder on kraft cs. Then I used a sponge and white craft ink to add some dimension. I added some sheer brown dotted organdy ribbon, and matted everything on to a Chocolate Chip card base. There is nothing better than a delicious chocolate strawberry! *wink*

6 comments:

beate said...

You stamped, You Stamped!!! Wohoo!!!
Love your chocolate strawberries. Now I want some of those!!! LOL

Peggy Maier said...

Beautiful card! Those strawberries are great!

Dottie K said...

Glad you're back - I missed seeing your cards. Beautiful!

Lisa said...

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm yummy!

Silvergirl said...

Welcome home! Great to have you back!

This card looks so yummy! Great idea and one I'll have to try myself.

Thanks,
lisa

Amanda Sewell said...

I just love this!!! *grins*