Lily Hoppin' . . .

Yippee! Today is the first time in weeks that I have been able to participate in the challenges over at SCS. I have just been soooo busy!!! I wanted to play with some of the other images from the Artful Inkables line by my friend Kristin and these lily pad images fit perfectly with the color challenge: Garden Green, Cool Caribbean, and Chocolate Chip. I started with a panel of watercolor paper and stamped a few lily pads in brown StazOn ink. Next I made a few masks using sticky notes and added two more lily pads in the background. I watercolored them with Garden Green ink and my aquapainter, and then colored the "water" in with Cool Caribbean. I made little "wave lines" with my aquapainter and then blended them to cover all the white space. Next I stamped the frog image from Unfrogettable and watercolored him in. I added googlie eyes and then stamped the sentiment at the top of the panel. Then I stamped the water lilies onto some scraps of watercolor paper and colored them using Cool Caribbean and Garden Green inks. I cut them out with my paper snips and popped them up on dimensionals. The main image panel is matted onto Chocolate Chip and Garden Green cs. The card base is Cool Caribbean and the ribbon is by American Crafts. I think the plant image from the Artful Inkables collection will be up next, so stay tuned!

2 comments:

Peggy Maier said...

Love those lily pads & I like anything that uses this cute little frog. One of my favorite sets!

beate said...

What an adorable card. Love it.