Yellow Chocolate Birthday Roses . . .

. . . aren't they pretty??? I was inspired by a card I saw yesterday on Splitcoaststampers be merrymstamper. It used these colors and this stamp set, Mixed Bouquet. I *heart* this set, but haven't used it in so, so long! I think I get overwhelmed by how many stamps I have, and I tend to only reach for the top of the pile, which is usually my newest acquisitions. Anyway, I needed to make a card for my grandma's upcoming birthday, and I thought his would be perfect! I also use this week's Sketch Challenge for the layout. I started by choosing a So Saffron card base and stamping it with my beloved Linograph BG. Then I stamped the rose and leaf outlines in Brown StazOn ink on Shimmery Vanilla cs. I colored the images in using my aquapainter and saffron and marigold ink for the roses, and chocolate ink for the leaves. I matted the image panel onto Chocolate Chip and Marigold Morning cs and popped it up on dimensionals over the piece of Au Chocolat designer series paper. I then stamped the sentiment from the It's Your Brithday set in Brown StazOn on Shimmery Vanilla cs and cut it to fit inside an antuque brass label holder from the Hodgepodge Hardware collection. I added some sheer brown dotted organdy ribbon and voila! I think I will play around with this color scheme and layout a bit later, so stay tuned!

4 comments:

Marie said...

I love this color combo and the card is so pretty!! TFS

love2Bcreative said...

I just luv the mixed bouquet stamp set --- and you have done awesome things with it here Teresa!!!
TFS~

beate said...

I love all three of your cards you made yesterday, but this one is one is my favorite. It's soooo pretty.

Staci Miserlian - Misermom said...

Oh, my goodness, I totally have a sweater that looks just like this!!! Hilarious!! I love the card, of course!