Three Teriffic Tri-folds . . .

Yesterday's challenge over at Splitcoaststampers was all about these cute little tri-fold cards. Dont'cha just love them? *wink* Well, the creative genius behind this unique fold is Beate Johns. Check out her blog, fresh and fun, through the link at right. There is a fabulous tutorial for creating these cards, as well as many more stunning projects. You can also find the tutorial under the Resources section of SCS. For the first card, I wanted to use some of the Big Blooms images I stamped at a friend's house the other day (hi Kelly!). I paired the medium sized Rose Red flower with some of the Au Chocolat designer series paper. Perfect, right? For the sentiment I used rose and chocolate markers to ink up the letters of the word "friend" and stamped it on Very Vanilla cs, before punching it out using the key tag punch. For the inside I stamped the remainder of the sentiment from the That's Nice set, again using markers to highlight particular words. Then I notched the top of the square using the spiral punch. I added a small chocolate flower with a rose brad center as a little accent.










The next card features my newest stamp set, Office Accoutrement. I started with a celery card base and cut a piece of Notations designer paper for the triangles. Next I stamped the large flower in saffron ink on white cs and cut it out with my paper snips. Then I stamped the small flower in caribbean ink, cut it out, and popped it up on dimensionals over the large flower. I added a few subtled beads to the center of the flower using my Sakura Quickie glue pen. Then I stamped the "original" tab colored with celery and saffron markers onto white cs, and punched it out using the round tab punch. For the inside, I inked a sentiment from the It's Your Birthday set using celery, sarrfon and caribbean inks. I again notched the top using the spiral punch. Finally I added a tiny saffron flower made using the spring bouquet punch and a celery brad as the center.











For the last card, I used the remaining patterned paper from the Spring Mini catalog, Petals & Paisleys. I was inspired by a card I received in a swap made by Cindy Lieberman (scs-stampinlady). Isn't this little giraffe from the Bundle of Joy set just the cutest thing? I started by stamping him in brown StazOn ink on vanilla cs. Then I colored him using my aquapainter and olive, saffron, and turquoise inks. I added a saffron brad and matted him onto turquoise cs. The "baby" tab is created using a stamp from That's Nice and the key tag punch.The inside of the Old Olive card base is rolled with the Petals jumbo wheel for some added interest. I again used the spiral punch to notch the top of the sentiment piece, and used markers to highlight the words. These little cards are just too cute! I love creating them!!! *grin*

6 comments:

love2Bcreative said...

Ohh!! These are just awesome Teresa!! Love what you have done on all of the panels --- I'll fer' sure be casin' ya' on these ;o))
TFS~

stampin_melissa said...

Great job Teresa! I am seriously considering doing this project for my next class. Okay, perhaps I'll try it first then decide! LOL! But you make it look sooooo easy! ;)

Bethany Paull said...

The tab you added to these is really cute! Love the 'notebook paper' look of the insides too.

Wife2TJ said...

How absolutely adorable!!!

Jen said...

You are so totally rocking the tri-fold!!! They're all amazing!

beate said...

All three of your trifolds are fantastic!!!