New stamps . . .

. . . always make me happy!!!!! *giddies* Today I'd like to share with you some creations made with some new stamps I received in the mail this week. The first card features a stamp by StampingBella. This one is called Cakeabella - isn't she fabulous??? I made this card for the weekly sketch challenge over at Splitcoaststampers. I started by stamping the main image on vanilla cs using brown StazOn ink. I watercolored the bella using my Watercolor Wonder Crayons and an aquapainter. I added some sparkle to the candle and decorations on the cake using my Sakura Stardust glitter pen. Next I added some distressing using chocolate ink and a stamp from the Itty Bitty Backgrounds set on the edges of the main image panel, which I matted onto Chocolate Chip cs. For the angled panel, I used a strip of patterned paper from the Magnolia collection by My Mind's Eye, which I matted onto Gable Green cs. I tied some tangerine grosgrain ribbon across the center, and adhered the angled panel to the Taken With Teal card base. For the sentiment I used my Karen Foster snap stamps and punched it using the Key Tag punch. I added a tiny Prima flower with a rhinestone center, and popped up the main image panel on dimensionals! Too cute!


This next card features an image from the new stamp set by Nichole Heady and PaperTrey Ink, Green Thumb! I love this little boot!!!!! *wink* I started by cutting my Certainly Celery card base down on the front to a 4 1/4" square while leaving the back a standard A-2 size. I took a strip of Au Chocolat ds paper and used my slit punch to create a scalloped edge, and adhered it under the front flap. Next I stamped the boot image in celery crafy ink on vanilla cs. I added the seperate toe and tab in chocolate ink - super easy peasy!!! I also reinked just the sole of the boot in chocolate ink and stamped it over the original image, to give the impression of a muddy bottom. Next I cut out the boot and popped it up on dimensionals over a vanilla scalloped square. I adhered the main image in the center of the card front, and stamped the sentiment underneath in chocolate ink. As a finishing touch, I added some chocolate sheer dotted organdy ribbon on the left side. Super simple, but I *love* the look and I am so looking forward to having more time to play with this fabulous set!!!!! ;)

6 comments:

Allison said...

Super compositions...you are so trendy with all your stamping sets!

Ticia said...

Love em! They are so cute.

iralamija said...

Beautiful work!!

Have a nice day!

Bety :)

Lisa said...

These are super.

Karen said...

This is super cute! I found your blog in your SCS gallery...so glad I did, you have wonderful work!

love2Bcreative said...

Awwh! Both of these are just supah' cute ;o))
TFS~