A lesson learned . . .

Last Thursday night I attended a stamp camp at my friend Kelly's house. *waves* We had alot of fun attempting the five projects she had prepared for us, but a great deal more time was spent chatting and giggling than stampin', as is the norm for these I think . . . ;) I was a little tired when I arrived, and not really in the stamping frame of mind as I had been out running around all day. Already not off to a great start, eh? Why not grab a Bacardi and add that to the mix - lol! ;) Well, I only had one so I'm not sure why I had so much trouble following the directions that night, but I have learned my lesson . . . I am not one of those people who should drink and stamp - lol! ;) I did manage to complete one project I was happy with - the candle and coaster using the Doodle This stamp set. I finished the card at home (which is now on its way to a dear friend), and you would not believe how much time I spent on that Au Chocolat/Big Blooms post-it note holder!!! Or how many times I ripped it apart - lol! As my friend Jody claims to be, I am also an "analytical" stamper!!! We also made a photo cube, which I will hopefully share with you once I add some pictures to it, and a stamped flower pot, which combined with my poor stamping and the "sealing incident" I am reluctant to share - lol! Anyway, a fun time was had by all but next time I should probably take a nap first, and lay off the Bacardi's . . . ;)

4 comments:

Alli said...

I call it anal rather than analytical, but I am the same. The projects are gorgeous and I'm glad you had a good time. Sometimes it's nice just to get away from hassles and have some fun, so I'm glad you did!
The colors on that candle are amazing.

Sherri aka sherristampsalot said...

Awesome projects! How many stampers were a the camp?

Lisa said...

snort.....sorry you amused me with your comments.

I think you did a great job, wish I had some fun events like that to go too!

Rose Ann said...

These are beautiful projects!

I know when I get together with my stamping buddies, I like to do more talking than anything else...so I can relate!