Inkspired . . .

Last Friday, my friend Amanda posted a new weekly series on her blog - Fabulous Floral Fridays! This week, Amanda challenged herself and her blog readers, to make a card using the Heartfelt Thanks stamp set. She is offering a fabulous prize to one lucky challenge participant, so if you haven't already done so, please visit Amanda's blog - Inkspirations (link at right). I remember when this set first came out in last year's catalog. I fell in love with it, and it was one of the first purchases I made. I'm a sucker for flowers, what can I say - lol! Anyway, I used this set alot when I first got it, but soon it was pushed to the side by exciting newer rubbah. I has sat lonely and forgotten for quite awhile now, so I am grateful for Amanda's reminder that I *do* have this set and maybe I should give it a little playtime once again! So, this is the card I was *inkspired* to make. ;) It is really simple, but I wanted to focus on the richness of the images. I just love how craft ink looks on Kraft cs. So, dimensions for this card are 3 1/4" x 6 1/2" to fit the small open-ended envelopes from SU! The card base is Certainly Celery. I cut down a piece of Kraft cs to size, and stamped lots of dandelions in white and celery craft ink. I added the sentiment at the top in Chocolate Chip ink and some brass brads from my Hodgepodge Hardware kit to the top corners. I matted the main image panel onto white cs, another look I really like. I tried to add some ribbon, but I felt it overpowered the dandelion images. So, thanks for the challenge Amanda and I hope you like my creation!

4 comments:

Allison said...

Another super creation...I'd vote for you!

Kristine said...

Pretty! I need to try one of those long cards again. :0) Good luck on the contest! I'll check it out too.

AJ said...

I love this, gonna case it!! fabulous! great colors! you rock!

love2Bcreative said...

Ohh! This is just supah awesome Teresa!!
TFS~