How does your garden grow?

Well, I am not much of a gardener in real life, but Green Thumb, the newest set by PaperTrey Ink, has certainly got me doing some ink and paper gardening!!! I haven't had alot of time to play with this set so far, but I have inked it up for a few simple projects. To me, this set calls for simplicity, so I have fought hard not to overwhelm the beautiful images and to really give them a chance to shine. This first card features one of my all-time favorite stamp images - strawberries!!! I'm not entirely sure why, but I love a card with strawberries, whatever the occasion! *wink* This card is sized to a 4x4 square, as I wanted to draw the focus in on these beauties. I started with a kraft scalloped oval punchie, and stamped the berries in Real Red and the tops and stem in Garden Green. Then I sponged some white craft ink along the edge of the oval shape to give it some more definition. I cut down a strip on green cs and used my slit punch to create a scalloped edge on one side. The strip was adhered to the red card base, and the oval was popped up on dimensionals over it. The semtiment is stamped on a white tiny oval punchie that my friend AJ sent me when I oohed and aahed over hers - isn't she sweet? I inked it with red and green markers for a multi colored effect, and attached it to the card with a vintage brad in the center.



The second card features the pea pod stamps - cute, eh? Well, everyone seems to be making baby cards with this stamp - and rightly so! The included sentiment is "sweet pea" - how fitting! But I wanted to do something a little different, so I stamped two pods. I know, you're thinking twins, right? Well, that's a good idea, but I don't know anyone who is expecting a baby, let alone twins, so I wanted to take this in a different direction. I thought this would make a cute wedding or anniversary card! What do you think? Two peas in a pod, they're "happy together" . . . ;) So, I started by stamping two pea pods in Old Olive ink inside a white scalloped circle punchie. Next I added the Certainly Celery peas, and used my 1/16" circle punch to notch each scallop. Then I cut a strip of green dotted paper, from the Petals and Paisleys collection, and used my tiny scalloped scissors on both sides to give it some interest. I adhered the strip to the celery card base, and popped the main image up on dimensionals over it. For the sentiment I used the Happy Everything stamp set and olive ink. I *heart* this set, and I am looking forward to more play time with it in the near future!!!

3 comments:

Allison said...

Super cards...love the use of kraft paper!

love2Bcreative said...

Ohh!! Two peas in a pod --- happy anniversary --- you are brilliant Teresa ;o)
TFS~

Sharon said...

Wow Teresa! I love them! Great job!