Honored to be an Honorable Mention . . .

Well, as my loyal blog readers are well aware, I have been having so much fun playing with my new Butterfly Kisses and Green Thumb stamp sets by PaperTrey Ink. I was strongly encouraged by a few friends of mine (hi Jody and Alli) to enter my projects in PaperTrey's Guest Star contest. So, I did - not once, or twice but 15 times!!!!! LOL! When the winners of the contest were revealed on Sunday night along with the newest set, Faux Ribbons, I was in awe of the beautiful creations of Jen Stevenson and Heather Jackman! Congratulations girls!!! Well, imagine my surprise the next day when I received an email from Nichole Heady herself stating that she liked one of my projects so much that she chose it as an Honorable Mention and that she would be posting it on her blog!!!!! **giddies** I am still so tickled to have my work appreciated by such a stamping rock star! And I am honored to be included in such an amazingly talented group of stampers! Please check out Nichole's blog {capture the moment} (link at right) and congratulate the designers of all the pther fabulous Honorable Mention projects. And take a look at the InkPad gallery at www.papertreyink.com to view all the gorgeous projects of the design team and Guest Start stampers!


Anyway, since I made this card for a swap I am participating in, I hadn't shared it here yet and I thought this would be the perfect time. I wanted to try out a different kind of fold callled a Flip Flop card. I followed the directions from the tutorial in the Resources section of SCS to make it. I only had to make 6 of these for the swap, but it was still very time consuming because basically I made each card twice. First I made the cuts and folds on the Chocolate Chip card base, then I adhered the patterned paper from SU!'s Au Chocolate collection on top of it and repeated the cuts and folds. Phews! But they are so worth it!!! For the front of the card, I wanted the butterfly to appear in mid-flap of her wings. I stamped the butterfly twice on vanilla cs, the solid image in celery craft ink and the dotted image over it in Chocolate Chip ink. Next I cut each butterfly apart just to the left of the body on one and jsut to the right of the body on the other. I adhered the right set of wings to the main panel, and then took the right wings with the body attached and bent the wings up slightly while leaving the body flat. I adhered this piece slightly askew over the other wings with a dimensional. I stamped a smaller butterfly up in the left corner and then drew flight dots from the bottom left corner to each butterfly. In the bottom right corner I added the "heartfelt" sentiment in chocolate ink. For the back or inside of the card, I first stamped a celery butterfly in the lower left corner. Then over that I stamped the "birthday wishes" sentiment in chocolate ink and added the smallest butterfly at the end in celery craft ink. In the upper right corner I stamped just the dotted butterfly image in Chocolate Chip ink. There is a little bit of blank space left for a message if desired. Finally, I added some celery grosgrain ribbon, adhered securely with sticky strip so it will stay in place as the card is unfolded and refolded. Thanks again, Nichole!!! I am truly honored . . . .

11 comments:

Wendy said...

This is a lovely card! The Papertrey butterflies look great. Love the polka dot paper and ribbon!

Sharon said...

Gorgeous Teresa!

Heidi said...

Big congrats on your honorable mention and I love the colors in this card! Very pretty!

Allison said...

You are amazing and so is this card! You are a winner in my book...woo hoo!

Jan Scholl said...

You got a pattern for this card? I waste so much paper trying to make my own measurements. Very original and springy too.

love2Bcreative said...

Yeah Teresa!! An honorable award for such an honorable stamper in my book ;o))
TFS~

Alli said...

You so deserved the honorable mention, well I thought yours should have won! Congratulations girl!

Jocelyn said...

WOW! Another fun creation! LOVE the colors you used!!!!

Jen said...

You deserved to get an honorable mention for this! It's fabulous Teresa!

beate said...

Teresa, Congrats on the Honorable Mention. It's a beeeeautiful flip flop card!

Rose Ann said...

Congratulations! I love this card....gorgeous design!!