The future . . .

I seem stuck on this layout today - lol! I decided to try it with some different colors though. These are from this week's challenge over at SCS. I made thiscard for a friend who has been dealing with alot lately and I hope it brings her some joy and encouragement. I started with a Pumpkin Pie card base and stamped it with my tried and true Linograph BG. For the main image panel, I stamped this fower from Both Way Blossoms, which I am pretending is a crysanthemum for this card! I watercolored the flowers using pumpkin, burgundy and artichoke inks. At the bottom I stamped a sentiment from the Brighter Tomorrow set. I matted the main image panel onto Chocolate Chip and Always Artichoke cs, and popped it up on dimensionals over the Au Chocolat ds paper. I added the "thinking of you" sentiment from Warmest Regards on a key tag punched piece and tucked it under the ds paper. As a finishing touch, I added a piece of burgundy grosgrain ribbon.

5 comments:

Amy said...

I really liked all three of your cards with this layout. This one I think appealed to me the most because of the color but I loved the flowers on the first post. Great job. I need to use this layout too. Maybe I'll find time to stamp this weekend.

Oh, and I really like the sentiments on these cards. I need some sympathy related sentiments.

chocostmpr said...

I saw this on SCS and favorited it and really didn't pay any attention to "who done it"! Came to visit your blog today and said to myself: I should have known! Love the colors!

Wife2TJ said...

Beautiful card. I Love how you did the flowers, the colors on them are beautiful!

chelemom said...

Very pretty card! Love the colors AND the layout!

Lori Craig said...

Gorgeous...I love the pumpkin one on the top. Not sure if this comment is for that card only... I'm going to look at the others. BEAUTIFUL!