Catching up . . . again!

It's always something . . . Remember last week how I told you I hurt my back? Well, this week I am sick . . . again! Between the three of us in our little family, it has me asking "When will it ever end???" alot lately - lol! Anyway, I realized that I never posted my challenge cards from last week, so I'd like to share those with you today. Then maybe tomorrow I can post my challenge cards from *this* week! Whadd'ya think, huh? ;) Oh, and before anyone says it . . . yes!!! More butterflies!!! I'm sorry, but they are so, so pretty I jsut can't help myself . . . *wink* This first card was made for last week's color challenge - Cool Caribbean, More Mustard, and Cranberry Crisp. I started by stamping a strip of Whisper White cs all over with images from PaperTrey Ink's Butterfly Kisses set in the challenge colors. I matted that strip onto a piece of mustard cs, on which I used my slit punch to create a scalloped edge on once side. Next I used my 1/16" punch to pierce the scallops. On the left side of the image panel I used my horizontal slot punch to create three openings. I tied three different cranberry ribbons through the openings, and adhered the panel to the caribbean card base. Finally, I added the "smile" sentiment from Fancy Flexible Phrases in the bottom right corner in cranberry ink.


This next card was made for last week's sketch challenge, and for a friend of mine at work. Jackie was working a double shift last Saturday and wanted something to brighten her day. Seeing as she is a scrapbooker, I thought she would appreciate one of my cards! Jackie's favorite colors are pink and green, so that was my starting point for this project. I started with a piece of Pixie Pink cs that I ran through my Cuttlebug using the Bloom Dots embossing folder, which I matted onto a Gable Green card base. Next I stamped the solid butterfly image in Key Lime VersaMagic ink and Pixie Pink classic ink. After they dried, I overstamped the butterflies with the striped image using the opposit color of ink, and but them out. I popped them up on mini glue dots and adhered them to a scalloped square punchie. I tied a strip of sheer green organdy ribbon across the card and added the main image on top. For the sentiment, I stamped "Hi There" from Fancy Flexible Phrases in pink ink and punched it out using the Word Window punch. As a finishing touch, I added square stripey brads from Queen & Co. on either side of the sentiment. Jackie was so cute, showing off her card to anyone who would look. If anyone at work didn't know I was a stamper, they do now - lol! :)

4 comments:

Alli said...

Teresa, I love the top card where you have just used the small stamps, what a fabulous idea. The other one is lovely too, but that one is phenomenal! I love it, love it, love it! Gonna CASE it too! :)

Allison said...

Terrific cards...and I am with Alli, that first one is totally CASEable!

Lisa said...

Lovin' those butterflies!

love2Bcreative said...

More perddy' butterflies AND what a great color combo ;o)))
TFS~