Butterflies abound . . .

I just can't seem to stop reaching for these beautimous butterflies from PaperTrey Ink for every project! I'm so weak . . . ;) Oh well! Rest assured that they (and you!) will get a little break once my new Green Thumb set arrives later this week . . . *wink* Here are some of my most recent butterfly creations. This first card features some patterned paper I picked up at Target last weekend. It is designed by Rhonna Farrer for Autumn Leaves. I just love the colors!!! I started with a strip of the patterned paper and matted it onto Certainly Celery and Cool Caribbean cs. Next I stamped the solid butterfly image onto white cs in caribbean, celery, and pink. I overstamped each butterfly with the dotted image in Versamark, and embossed them with black ep. I adhered each one with a mini glue dot to the strip of patterned paper, then attached the strip to a Pretty in Pink card base. Then I added the words "butterfly kisses", spelled out with my Karen Foster snap stamps, in black ink along the right side of the card.


This next card was inspired by a previous Color Challenge on SCS that I never got around to doing: Cool Caribbean, Black and White - classic! I started by stamping the floral butterfly image in caribbean ink on white cs. Then I colored in the centers of the smaller flowers with my black marker. Next I stamped the solid butterfly image on a strip of white cs in caribbean ink. I cut out the floral butterfly and adhered it over the solid image using a mini glue dot. I used my black marker to draw some flight dots and antennae, and I added the sentiment. I matted the white strip onto some black cs, and then added the scalloped pieces made with my slit punch and some patterned paper from the Friends & Flowers Simply Scrappin' Kit. Then I matted everything onto a black card base. I have a few more projects waiting in the wings, so be sure to check back tomorrow! Until then, I'm as always, Inkfully Yours . . .

8 comments:

Amanda Sewell said...

Oooh, so pretty! Both your cards are just beautiful! I love the first one mostest though!

Allison said...

Aw, you just have to sit there and tempt me, don't ya? I hope Canada Post doesn't get in the way of my stamp sets arriving this week!

Super cards...I love the vivid look (esp. paired with the black!)...

Jana Weaver said...

Beautiful cards!!! Justlove the trail left behind on the second one! My set will arrive this weekend! Yippee!!!

Heidi said...

These are beautiful!!! I love the boldness of the black center on the butterflies in the first card! I also love black and Caribbean on the second! Just stunning!

Lisa said...

Beautiful. I love the 3-d butterflies!

Wife2TJ said...

Love all the beautiful butterfly cards!

love2Bcreative said...

Oh My Goodness! I've nevah seen butterflies more beautiful!!
TFS~

Kirsten said...

I just found your blog through Nichole's post, and you have created some WONDERFUL cards - I'm so glad I did!