All About Paisleys . . .

. . . isn't everything? *wink* This is another (yes, another) card made with the Butterfly Kisses stamp set by PaperTrey Ink. I made six of these for a swap and wanted to play with some of my favorite things. I started with the patterned paper from the Kaleidoscope line by My Mind's Eye. I just love the colors!!! I also knew I wanted to try this super layout by Michelle Wooderson (aka Mish Mash - see her blog at right). Although the base of the card is only a 4 1/4" square, the top panel extends to the 5 1/2" length of a traditional A-2 card. I stamped the pink card base with the Paisley BG in Pretty in Pink ink. Then I cut a 2 3/4" x 3 1/2" piece of Gable Green cs for matting behind the patterned paper. I stamped the paisley butterfly image on acetate in white StazOn ink and cut them out with my paper snips. Then I scored them on either side of the body so they would really pop. They are adhered to the patterned paper panel using mini glue dots. Next I used my new Paisly dies and my Cuttlebug to cut some shapes out of the patterned paper and chipboard coaster material. I took some sheer white dotted organdy ribbon and ran it through the two layers of the paisley diecut so the chipboard piece acts as a ribbon slide. There is also a fuzzy white paisley rub-on by Heidi Swapp on top of the paisley piece. For the sentiment, I placed is in a wave on the block and stamped it in Versamark in the bottom left corner of the card. I embossed the sentiment in detail white embossing powder. I really like the look of this card - very soft and springy!!! I hope my fellow swappers like it too! *grin*

11 comments:

Alli said...

OMG! Where do I start with how fabulous this is? I would scream if I got this in a swap, it is amazing, completely amazing, probably the most fantastic card you have ever made! In other words, I LOVE IT!

Kristine said...

*gasp* WOW!! I so love your paisley paper...that's fabulous! And those butterflies look amazing, really. Pretty in Pink :o)

Stefanie said...

Those butterflies look like lace! Soooo pretty!

Sharon said...

Wow! This is rockin' my friend! Love it! Hope you're doing o.k. today. btw, Tag! You're it! *grin*
http://mystampingworld.blogspot.com/2007/04/post-tag.html
Hugs!

Sharon said...

Wow! This is rockin' my friend! Love it! Hope you're doing o.k. today. btw, Tag! You're it! *grin*
http://mystampingworld.blogspot.com/2007/04/post-tag.html
Hugs!

Allison said...

Another terrific creation!

Jocelyn said...

YUMMY!!!! Love this card!!!

Jozzie

Silvergirl said...

Oh my heavens! This is amazing!!! I would LOVE a swap like this. I am in awe!

Lise

Lisa said...

Absolutely stunning, but then again, I would expect no less from you!

Keep up the amazing work.

Jen said...

This is so beautiful!! Love it Teresa!

beate said...

Wohooo!!!! I can post now! This card is fantastic! Love the new Misha fold, love the acetate butterflys....it's amazing!