What's in a name . . .

. . . a name frame, that is!!! A few weeks back, I was invited to a stamp camp by one of my blog readers who happens to live in the same town as I do. Well, seeing as how all my stamping friends currently reside anywhere but Sunny FL, I jumped at the chance to meet up with some friendly stamping faces!!! (Hi, Kelly! *wink*) Anyway, the theme of the camp was name frames. I was excited because it had been so long since I had made a traditional name frame and I was eager to see and try some new ideas. I decided to make a "Welcome" frame, since I had recently made a quickie Princess name frame for Kaleigh to match her room decor. I started with a striped piece of patterned paper from the Recollections designer series as my background. I matted it onto a piece of Very Vanilla cs, and then matted that onto a piece of Mellow Moss cs for some added stability. I used two other designs of the Recollections paper as the backgrounds for my letters. I matted these onto vanilla, moss, and burgundy cs. Next I stamped the letters using the Headline alphabet set in Bravo Burgundy and Mellow Moss ink on vanilla cs, and cut them out using my paper snips. The "E", "C", and "O" are popped up on dimensionals to create interest. Finally, I added some embellishments including vintage brads, moss gingham, burgundy buttons, narrow white organdy ribbon, brass hodgepodge hardware, and cranberry stitched grosgrain ribbon.

I was so pleased with how this turned out that I decided to make another name frame the next day. For this one I decided to use our last name. While these name frames do not completely match each other, I do think they share enough of the same colors and elements that they would look nice hanging in the same room. For this frame insert, I started with a piece of patterned paper from the At Home Simply Scrappin' Kit as the background, which I matted onto Chocolate Chip and Mellow Moss cs for added stability. The letters are again stamped with the Headline alphabet and use Sahars Sand, Cranberry Crisp, Mellow Moss and Buckaroo Blue inks on white cs. The backgrounds for the letters feature the same colors of cs and are stamped with Canvas, Houndstooth, Linograph and Linen backgrounds. The letter panels are matted onto chocolate cs. I used brass hodgepodge hardware and thyme stitched grosgrain, moss gingham, and french blue grosgrain ribbons to accent. Needless to say, I had a great time at the stamp camp, and am excited to have made some new stamping friends I might actually get to see on a regular basis! *grin* On a side note, I hurt my back sometime on Monday night, and I am having trouble sitting at the computer for more than 30 mins at a time. I suppose this will be the same for my stamp chair a well. I am hoping to get a chance to stamp, but if not I hope you will forgive me if there is a delay in my usual posting schedule.

2 comments:

Alli said...

Teresa, these are so gorgeous, I especially love the welcome one, what a beautiful gift.

love2Bcreative said...

These are great Teresa! I have a few frames that I want to name frames with too --- do you suppose we could add an extra 12-24 hours to each day so I could have *time*?? LOL
TFS~