A Question . . .

Well, I'm thinking perhaps 100 comments was a *bit* ambitious, huh? What do you think? Should I got ahead and do the drawing already??? Leave a comment here and let me know what you think . . .


Meanwhile, I'm going to share with you a quick card I made the other day. I was anxious to play with some new goodies. ;) This card features the newest set designed by Nichole Heady for her new company, PaperTrey Ink. It is called Butterfly Kisses and it is gorgeous!!! I also picked up my very first chalk inks last weekend and wanted to give them a whirl. The colors I used for this project are Mango and Persimmon, and they are from the VersaMagic line of products. PaperTrey's stamps are acrylic and although I have some others of that kind, these are the first set I have purchased. I fell in love with the preview images on Nichole's blog (link at right) and just had to have it! The chalk inks are another first (had to give them a try at Nichole's recomendation) and I love how quickly they dry and the richness they have. I inked the floral butterfly with the mango ink, then used the rock-n-roll technique to edge the image in persimmon ink. I added some wire antennae and a brad for the head, and matted the main image onto Pumpkin Pie cs. Next I created a background using the mediun and small flower images in mango and persimmon inks on the top two thirds of the Apricot Appeal card base. Underneath that I added a piece of orange ricrak from Prima Marketing. In the bottom right corner I stamped a sentiment, also from the Butterfly Kisses set, in mango ink. Very simple, but so much fun! I look forward to playing with the Butterfly Kisses stamp set again very, very soon! ;)

22 comments:

Allison said...

I say wait for 100 (but I am difficult that way!)...

I love your card...the colors are so inviting!

Jen said...

Do the draw whenever...as long as you draw me! LOL

Love this card Teresa!! Course, I'm a sucker for monochromatic!

bethtrue said...

Gorgeous card - love that butterfly!! great color-scheme too!

of course i say - do the drawing now!! :-) the more people there are, the less of a chance I have of winning!! :-) hee hee

anyway - thanks for sharing another great creation!!

Beth (mommy to a busy 3 1/2 year old)

Nancy said...

Beautiful card! I love the colors and the butterfly.

I'd draw now too but that's really up to you.

:-)

Alli said...

I love this card! The colors are wonderful, fresh and spring-like!

Marie said...

This is really pretty and I love the colors. I might have to get some chalk inks now! TFS

~Lana B.~ said...

You do what ever makes YOU happy girlfriend! This is YOUR blog...we are all along for the (great)ride. Have fun w/ it! I've been reading your blog I think since you started it and love it. You draw when you are darn good and ready!! LOL
~Lana B~
ps...what a CUUUUTE butterfly card!

Silvergirl said...

Howdy!

I applaud you for an awesome site and gorgeous projects! You're da bomb (as my 9 yr old would say!) You were the best-est (!!!) big sis a couple of rounds ago on DDSS - so I can personally vouch for your fabulous talent.

Hugs~
Lisa

Jen said...

What a cute butterfly card! I love what you did with the new set!

Draw now, draw now, draw now...can you tell I don't have much patience? ;)

Terry Molineux said...

wait until 100 and see the different people commenting or you know what...split the blog candy and have a drawing now and then another when you reach 100!!!!

Cheryl said...

I think you will be able to get to 100, but is that like shooting myself in the foot to say that? The more comments, the less chance I have to win, but I would love to see you hit your goal, so I would say, WAIT TIL 100!!!
Cheryl

tanis said...

Hee hee!
Part of me says DRAW NOW! (better chance for me to win!)
But wait for 100 - that was your goal, and once news gets around, it won't take long!!
Keep up the awesome work!

Julie said...

Very pretty card - love that color!

Go ahead and wait for the 100, no harm I say! :)

Dawn Mercedes said...

Hey, go with your instinct. 100 is a lot of comments.

I vote draw now too!

Lisa said...

Love the card. The colours are perfect!
I think you should draw if you want to, or wait if you want too.

That helps, right?

Sharon said...

I say don't draw and just choose me! ROFL! No seriously, if you want to wait for 100, then do it then. :) Love the card btw!

AJ said...

You rock!!!! This is great! love the colors!

Gina Wrona said...

It's up to you, surprise us, okay?

I sure would love to win, wink! wink!

Heidi said...

Super cute card! And congrats on being Allison's Inspiring blog 'o' the week! Have fun!

Amber H said...

I say do it now and draw me or you can wait until 100 and draw me then too!

Debby said...

You have had at least 75 on several posts so you are very close! Love the card btw! Pretty Pretty colors.

love2Bcreative said...

Yeah!!! This card looks sooo familar Teresa! Thanks sooo much for sendin' this to me for MY birthday!! You are such a sweetie ;o))
TFS~