Hi, my name is Teresa and I'm a paperholic!!!

On Monday, I made a special trip out to my NSLSS (not-so-local scrapbook store), Violette's. I don't get in there very often, but I *love* their selection of goodies. On this trip, I was estatic to find that they had the new Basic Grey papers in stock!!! I actually dropped down and sat on the floor so I would have a better view of all the different patterns. As I was checking out, the cashier and I admired the papers again and discussed all the ways in which to enjoy the papers without actually using them - lol! But when I read that the color challenge for the week was inspired by the Perhaps line, I had to cut into just this one piece! So, this is is my card for this week's Color and Sketch Challenges over at SCS. It is not my usual style, but I do like the way it turned out. I wanted to highlight pne of the beautiful flowers from this piece of Perhaps paper, so I chose that for my focal image square. I sponged the edges with chocolate ink and mounted it at an angle onto a square of Certainly Celery cs which I also sponged with chocolate ink. For the horizontal strip, I chose a piece of the background in the patterned paper, sponged it with chocolate ink and mounted it onto Chocolate Chip cs. I added two ties of chocolate dotted organdy ribbon around this panel as an accent. The So Saffron card base is stamped with my beloved Linograph background, which was inspired by a pattern on another portion of this piece of patterned paper. The sentiment is from the SU! set Simply Said, and is stamped in chocolate ink. As a finishing touch, I added three different shades of pink Prima flowers from the Sassy & Sweet Attitudes collection, with a bit of rhinestone bling for the centers. I am still fighting a nasty cold (it has been more than a week now!), but I hope to have something else to share with you before the end of the week!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Very pretty! I am jealous you have new Basic Grey papers.....but I'll get over it! :)

Allison said...

This is lovely...I like the idea that you used PP as your main image. Like Lisa, I too am jealous of your BG!

Jen said...

I need more papers...........