Challenging Colors . . .

Well, today is Color Challenge Tuesday over at SCS, and I promised you earlier that I'd be back with a card for the challenge. I kinda thought I'd be back a bit sooner, but I found these colors to be a little challenging to put to paper so to speak . . . ;) I was *finally* able to make it work, although now I realize that I left out one of the colors! There were so many this week, I guess I'll just chalk it up to that . . . Maybe I'll try again tomorrow. Anyway, I *am* pleased with the way this card turned out! I have been wanting to try this double flower with my Doodle This stamp set. I stamped the flowers in brown StazOn ink on Shimmery White cs and watercolored them with Cool Caribbean and Really Rust ink. I cut them out using my paper snips, and punched out the dots on the petals with my 1/16" circle punch. Then I mounted the flowers onto some So Saffron cs and handcut a mat around them. I fastened the two flowers together using a saffron brad in the center. Then I used my paper piercer to roll the edges of the petals under to give the flower a bit more dimension. Next I cut a piece of chocolate striped patterned paper from the Notations collection and used the spiral punch along the left edge. I also cut a piece of acetate overlay to the same dimension, punched it and stamped it with the long doodle image in white StazOn ink. I added a tab punched from saffron cs with my round tab punch to the top and stamped some words from the Fancy Flexible Phrases set in chocolate ink. The base of the card is Cool Caribbean, and the background piece is Really Rust stamped with the Dots & Daisies background in chocolate ink and matted onto Chocolate Chip cs. I also colored in the flowers on the background using my white gel pen.

Also, this is my 100th post - whoo hoo!!!!!!!!! I have some goodies made to give away as blog candy. Stay tuned to find out what they are, and how you can have a chance to win one of them! Details coming soon!!!!! *wink*

6 comments:

Allison said...

This is terrific...you did an awesome job on the CC!

Marie said...

This is so pretty and I never would have thought these colors could look this good together!! Love it!

Kristine said...

This is sooo pretty! I really wanted to sit down and make a card today, but with the funeral today, I was busy and not in the mood, kwim? But yours is gorgeous...love those colors--you did a fab job. :0)

Alli said...

I just love the colors of this card, I know it is the CC, but the way you have used the colors is awesome. You got so much dimension on it, fabulous as always!

Quilt Nut said...

beautiful card.

love2Bcreative said...

Hi there Teresa!!
*Whew* I'm am getting caught up with my fave blog surfing .... finally!!

This is an awesome card --- love it ;o)
TFS~