Catching up . . .

Well, between the contest that would never end (LOL!) and the craziness that life throws at ya' sometimes, I realized that I had neglected to post my challenge cards from last week for you all too see! So, without any further ado . . . *wink* This first card was made for the Technique Lovers Challenge, which was to make a card using only shades of brown and vanilla. Also, you could not use coffee or chocolate as the theme of your card. Well, since I am still *hearting* these butterflies from the Butterfly Kisses set by PaperTrey Ink, I decided to go with it! *grin* I stamped the colid image in Creamy Caramel ink and then added the paisley butterfly outline in Chocolate Chip. I added a "flight trail" with my chocolate marker, and pieced parts of both of the sentiments that come with the set together to create a new one! The card base is Creamy Caramel and is stamped randomly with the small single paisley in chocolate, and a groovy flower in caramel. The main image panel is popped up on dimensionals over the chocolate ruched ribbon from the Flirty Ribbon Originals collection, which is secured to the card base with brass hodgepodge brads.


The next card was created for last week's Color Challenge, which was to use Marigold Morning, Really Rust, and Brocade Blue. The flowers from the Happy Harmony stamp set were inked in mariglod, then edged using my rust marker. Then I stamped them repeatedly onto Very Vanilla cs, and watercolored the background in Brocade Blue with my aquapainter. To me it looks like the flowers are gently swaying in the breeze. I added part of a sentiment (also from the Happy Harmony set) in the bottom right corner with my rust marker. The main image panel is matter onto Really Rust and Marigold Morning cs, which was distressed using my edge distresser, and popped up on dimensionals. The Brocade Blue card base was stamped in brocade ink using the Linen BG.


The final card for tonight was stamped for last week's Sketch Challenge. Once again, I succumbed to the urge to pull out my new butterflies! *giddies* I fell in love with this paper from the new Basic Grey Perhaps line and thought it would be a perfect match for these PaperTrey beauties! The card base is So Saffron, and is stamped with the Paisley BG in white craft ink, although you can hardly tell. The patterned paper is notched with my 1/4 circle punch for a faux ticket corner effect, and matted onto Chocolate Chip cs. The butterflies are stamped in Versamark ink on Shimmery White cs, then embossed with pearlized ep and cut out with my paper snips. They were popped up on dimensionals after bending the wings slightly so they would stand out. The sheer white organdy ribbon holds a tiny tag cut from chipboard coaster material using my Cuttlebug, that is hanging from a tiny jump ring. The tag is stamped with a tiny sentiment from the Fancy Flexible Phrases set, then inked with Versamark using the direct-to-paper technique, and embossed with the pearlized ep. I enjoyed creating all of these cards once I got a chance to sit down to my stamping table and I hope you enjoy them too!

5 comments:

Kristine said...

*gasp* oh my goodness...LUVING these brown butterflies!! Oh, you are one of those enablers aren't you?! hehehe. I'm SOOO tempted to go to papertrey now and get them. Gorgeous card!!

Jackie said...

All three cards are beatiful, the butterflys are very elegant!

Alli said...

Oh, wow, these are so beautiful. You are amazing with Butterfly Kisses and if Nichole doesn't pick you as guest artist, she is insane :)

Lisa said...

Stunning as usual!!!!

love2Bcreative said...

OMG!! What beauties these are ;o))
TFS~