Bright and Irish!!!

Here is another card for this week's Sketch Challenge over at SCS. It is a fairly easy layout, although the asymetrical thing is throwing me for a bit of a loop! I thought I'd try out one of my Joanns $1 stamp finds. I bought this stamp because my husband is Irish and is into St. Patrick's Day big time!!! I thought it would be nice to actually give it some use before the big day, so this is what I came up with. Not my usual color palette (a bit bright, eh?) but I think it works for this occasion! I started by stamping the mail image in black ink onto a square of Whisper White cardstock. I watercolored the shamrock using Gable Green ink and my aquapainter. I added some rhinestone bling in the center, and sponged the edges with the green ink as well. I added a black cs mat and popped the panel up on dimensionals. The Gable Green card base is stamped with my Paisley background in the green ink, but you can just barely make it out in this picture. The horizontal panel is stamped with the Dots & Daisies background. I added these tiny Prima flowers from the Sweet & Sassy Attitudes collection over the flower images because they look like little shamrocks to me! As a finishing touch I added some green dotted organdy ribbon across the center of the horizontal panel. Quick and cute, but I hope you enjoy!

3 comments:

Karen said...

Very cute!

Jen said...

This makes me want to want to make St. Patrick's Day cards! So cute!!

Terry Molineux said...

OMG! I just love this card! TFS I am off to make my St. Patrick's cards...