Think Spring!!!

Here's wishin' for some warm spring weather! This card is for another swap I am in for the Sprin Mini, and for me the colors just evoke those feelings of warm spring days with eternal sunshine! I am really loving the Petals and Paisleys designer series paper!!! So, this card is all about stripes. I started with an Old Olive card base, and stamped a stripe of dotted circles down the center. Next I cut a wide panel of Whisper White cs and stamped it with images from the Polka Dots & Petals set in Pretty in Pink, Cool Caribbean, So Saffron, and Old Olive inks. I layered a stripe of the striped ds paper at the top of the stamped panel, and positioned the panel over the top half of the dotted circles to create a scalloped look. I then accented the scallops by making dots with my Signo white gel pen. Underneath that I added a stripe of apricot grosgrain ribbon. Finally, at the bottom I stamped the "happy" sentiment from Happy Everything in Old Olive ink. I think this card has a nice linear feel to it! Hope my fellow swappers agree! ;)

5 comments:

Allison said...

I love it...so springy and I love the focus on the geometrics is just my style!

Peggy Maier said...

You're right - makes me think of spring...Hopefully I'll get a taste of it today...our weatherman promises a break from the cold with temps in the 60's! YEA!!!

AJ said...

this is so great~ How clever are you to use the circle stamp as a scalloped edge!!!!
you rock!!

Kristine said...

I am...I am!!! :0) I want Spring sooo bad right now. Thanks for bringing a hint of sunshine to us today! Love your polka-dot scalloped edge...very cute!!

Heidi said...

Normally I always pull for Celery when I want green but I love these colors with the Olive! Way cute card!