A Sketchy Day . . . .

As you are probably already aware, Wednesday is Sketch Challenge day over at Splitcoaststampers. Well, I enjoyed yesterday's sketch so much, that I made 3 cards on the spot! I can only share two of them here with you though (one of them is for my secret sister) *wink* For the first card, I wanted to bring out one of my new stamp sets I received in my Spring Mini preorder on Friday, Doodle This. Doodles are HOT right now, and I am lovin' them!!! ;) I also wanted to use one of the color combintations used in the mini that really stuck out to me. I started with the wide center panel in Old Olive. I stamped the line doodle image repeatedly onto the panel to resemble stems or vines. Next I stamped three of the smaller flower image in black ink on Confetti White cs, and watercolored them using my aquapainter and Bashful Blue, Marigold Morning, and Cameo Coral classic inks. I cut out the flowers with my paper snips, and strategically attached them over the flourishes. I adhered the main panel to a black card base, and used my rectangle punch to create notches at the top to thread through my ties of black gingham ribbon. I added part of a sentiment from the SAB set Happy Harmony, stamped in black ink on white cs, and punched with my word window punch, as a final touch. For my next card, I decided to flip the sketch. I wanted a simple, yet elegant card for my Grandma's upcoming birthday. I chose a piece of Sahara Sand cs that I had previousy embossed using my Cuttlebug and new Textile Texture embossing folder for the main panel. I matted it onto a strip of Perfect Plum cs and then onto the Pale Plum card base. I added a row of five aged copper brads from my Hodgepodge Hardware Kit to the left side for a bit of interest. Next I used a scalloped oval I had punched from Naturals White cs with my Marvy Uchida mega punch, and used the flowers from the SAB Happy Harmony set to create the main image. I used both Pale and Perfect Plum inks to create a layered image, which I attached to the embossed panel using dimensionals. Finally, I added the Happy Birthday sentiment from the SU! hostess set Warmest Regards at the bottom right. Such a versatile and easy sketch - I love it!

3 comments:

Allison said...

Awesome work with the SC...I like 'em both!

Lisa said...

Very pretty! You are the bomb diggity!

love2Bcreative said...

These are both sooo pretty Teresa ;o))
TFS~