Simple Gifts . . .

Happy Chinese New Year! This is my card for today's SCS Color Challenge, Real Red, Basic Black and Gold, in honor of the festivities. I participated in a swap awhile back using this stamp set, Artfully Asian. One of the participants embossed this image in silver ink before coloring and I thought the effect was so stunning! I finally decided to try it out myself for the challenge today. So I used Versamark ink to stamp the flower branch all over on my white cardstock panel and embossed the images in gold, before coloring them in with my red and black markers. Then I edged the entire panel with my Versamarker and again embossed using gold ep. I matted the main image panel onto Basic Black and then Real Red cs before attaching it to the black card base. At the bottom of the card I stamped the sentiment in Versamark and embossed in gold, and at the top I added two stripes of gold cord. It is a very simple card, yet I think it has an element of elegance to it. I think the technique of embossing and then coloring the images has a very striking effect also. I'm glad I finally had an opportunity to give it a try!

6 comments:

Allison said...

This is beyond terrific...so striking yet not so much as to be overpowering!

Danita said...

This is gorgeous! Simple and very elegant!!

iralamija said...

oh!!! what a beautiful work!

Bety

mjb coffee said...

What a beautful card!!! It reminds me of 1940's wallpaper that was really made of paper. I helped my mom hang a lot of wallpaper in the 1950's.
At that time they also papered ceilings. Even today there some beautiful wall paper.

Heidi said...

You make red, black, and gold look beautiful! I'm not a big fan of gold but you used it so nicely here!

Lisa said...

This is simply beautiful!