Polka Dots & Petals, oh my!

Phew! I promised you some more stamped goodies to ogle today, and guess what? I actually found the time to get them done! Yippee! ;) The first project is my card for this week's color challenge over at SCS. The colors for this week are Cool Caribbean, Certainly Celery, and Elegant Eggplant. I wanted to play some more with my new Spring Mini stamps, and I chose this set - Polka Dots & Petals. I started with a 2" x 5.5" strip of Whisper White cs and stamped it all over. Next I matted the main image panel onto a strip of Elegant Eggplant cs, on which I used my slit punch to create a scalloped edge on one side. I stamped the Cool Caribbean card base with my Paisley background in caribbean ink. For the sentiment, I decided to try out my new toy for my Cuttlebug - the Tiny Tags die set. I cut a tag from chipboard coaster material and stamped it with the word "joy" from the sentiment in the Polka Dots & Paisley stamp set in eggplant ink. I attached a jump ring to the tag, and tied it onto the celery grosgrain ribbon.


The second project I am sharing with you today has actually been in the works for awhile now. I have been waiting on a special too I needed to complete the project ~ a Crop-a-dile! I was *finally* able to get my hands on one over the weekend, and lemme tell you I *love* it!!! For those of you who may not know, the Crop-a-dile (manufactured by We R Memory Keepers) is a setting and punching tool. It sets eylets and snaps effortlessly and it punches two sizes of holes through just about anything - including plastic, which I used it for in this project! I got the idea for this project from my friend, Jody (texasjodylynn). For projects that are constantly amazing me, and a pleothera of ribbon, please click the link to her blog (Confessions of a Ribbon Addict) on the right! Anyway, Jody had altered a Slim Jim can awhile back (so fabulous!) and one day when I was about to throw away this peanut container I remembered Jody's wisdom and thought better of it. I *knew* I could make it into something pretty - lol! So, to alter the lid I first punched holes all around using my new love, the Crop-a-dile. Then I chose two colors of Jody ribbon (turquoise and light pink) and threaded them through the holes. Next I traced a circle onto Whisper White cs using a brad container as a guide, cut it out and stamped it with stamps from the Polka Dots & Petals set in caribbean, saffron, pink, and celery ink. I matted that onto a giga scalloped circle in Old Olive cs. I used my 1/16" punch to notch the scallops. Then I cut a strip from my Petals & Paisleys ds paper to cover the base of the can. I adhered the paper using my UHU Scrapbookers glue pen, and voila! I'm not sure what I'm going to use it for, but it sure is pretty! In fact, I've got another one just waiting to be emptied so it can be all pretty too! *wink*

7 comments:

Lori Craig said...

Adorable, Teresa!! Love the Eggplant! Not sure I have ever used that color, why is that? Looks wonderful!

Kimberly said...

Super cute! The tin is adorable and the card is great!!

Allison said...

Both cards that you posted today were terrific...nice to see ya!

Alli said...

YOu sure are rocking! These are fab-u-lous!

texasjodylynn said...

Beautiful card! I love the scalloped piece and the colors! Pretty pretty!

texasjodylynn said...

You did a great jon with the can too! I love adding ribbon to the lids! It adds so much! :)

love2Bcreative said...

Awesome! Awesome! Awesome Teresa!!!!!
TFS~