My apologies . . .

Well, it sure has been hectic here the past few weeks! We have all been fighting some sort of illness here at my house. I also recently hostessed a SU! demo swap for the upcoming Spring Mini catalog and have been busy sorting and swapping for three groups of talented stampers! So, I'd like to offer my apologies for not being as diligent in my posting as I usually am. *insert blushing smiley here* I am hoping for things to revert back to normal this week and I have several projects to share with you that have been put on the back burner for awhile. *wink* For now, I will share with you this card I sneaked in for last week's Sketch Challenge over at Splitcoaststampers. I found these mini file folders at Joanns a few weekends ago. They came in a package of 6 and are .99! However, they were on sale for .50 that day - yippee! I thought this would be perfect to cover with the new Notations ds paper and it is just the right size for the focal point on this sketch! I started with a Sahara Sand card base, which I stamped with my Canvas background in Sahara Sand ink. Next I added a layer of Cool Caribbean cs which I stamped repeatedly with the large flower from Delight in Life in caribbean ink. I do not own the Office Accoutrements stamp set that coordinates with the Notations ds papers (yet!), but I think that this flower image coordinates nicely! Next I cut a strip of the number patterned ds paper and matted it with Certainly Celery cs. I adhered it over the caribbean panel. Instead of using a stamped focal image, I used the file folder here. I covered it (inside and out) with the Notations ds paper. Next I stamped the flower from Delight in Life in saffron ink on So Saffron cs, cut it out and popped it up on dimensionals on the front of the file folder. I added a tab made with new Round Tab punch in Certainly Celery and stamped with the word "delight". I also punched a small flower with my Spring Bouquet punch and used a mini glue dot to attach it to a paperclip to make it more decorative. Inside the file folder I placed two small pieces of Whisper White cs that I punched with my new Spiral punch to look like they had been torn from a notebook. These would be a perfect place to add a handwritten sentiment to the recipient. OK, I am off to work on some more projects to share with you. And, stay tuned for an exciting contest to celebrate the upcoming milestone of 20,000 views here at Inkfully Yours!!! Again, please accept my apologies for neglecting the site a bit. Don't you just hate it when real life interferes with stamping??? :)

4 comments:

Lori Craig said...

Love this project! It's adorable!

Amy said...

This is my favorite use of this punch I have seen!

texasjodylynn said...

Super cute! I love that file folder with paper coming out of it. Super cute!

love2Bcreative said...

This is just tooo supah' CUTE Teresa!!! luv' it!!
TFS~