Latte for a Friend . . . .

Mmmmm! Doesn't that just look delicious??? What could be better than a nice warm cup of hot chocolate and a good friend to share it with? *wink* I made this card for SC110 over at SCS. Lots of fun layers here - perfect for a cold day! I was inspired by the ribbon for this card, so I started with a Chocolate Chip card base. On the long strip of Ruby Red cs I repeatedly stamped cocoa beans and sponged the edges in chocolate ink. For the small upper panel I used Creamy Caramel cs, sponged the edges and stamped the flourish in chocolate ink. Then I stamped the heart image in ruby ink on Ruby Red cs, cut it out, and popped it up on dimensionals over the flourish. For the main image panel, I stamped the cocoa mug and whipped cream in chocolate ink, then added the ruby straws - one for each friend. Then I added the sentiment, inked with my chocolate marker, and sponged the edges. I put everything together, added the American Crafts ribbon tab and attached the ribbon stripe with copper Hodgepodge Hardware. As a final touch I stamped parts of the steam image in white craft ink anywhere the Chocolate Chip card base showed through. Neat sketch, and it looks almost good enough to indulge! ;)

3 comments:

Jen said...

Cool!! Love the random steam stamps everywhere and the ribbon!

love2Bcreative said...

Ohh!! Too cool and I have been 'trying' to hold out and not get this stamp set.....ohhhh...you are making it sooo soo hard ;o)
TFS~

Kristine said...

OH, that's awesome! LOVE your ribbon on here!! I avoided this sketch challenge...seemed to hard for me *rolling eyes* Kudos on all of you who successfully managed a terrific card out of it!!