Hoppy Waterfall . . . .

I have been wanting to try this ever since I laid eyes on the cute little froggie from the Very Punny stamp set. Trouble is, I have only ever made one other waterfall card before, and it took some time to track down the measurements and directions - lol! Finally I was able to sit down today and put this together. I think it is just too cute! Anyway, in case anyone else hasn't tried one of these super fun interactive cards before, lemme give you some guidance. I started with a Basic Black A2 (4 1/2" x 5 1/2") sized card base. Then I cut a piece of Old Olive cs to 4" x 5 1/4" for the background. I stamped it with the Dotted BG stamp in Old Olive ink. You can also use patterned paper here for another neat look. Next I cut 4 squares, sized 1 7/8" x 1 7/8" from Whisper White cs, which I matted onto 4 black squares sized 2" x 2". Then I stamped the froggies. The first little guy is placed in the bottom left corner of the square. The next one is stamped in the center of the square. The third little froggie is placed in the upper right corner. On the fourth square, I centered and stamped both the frog and the "hoppy for you!" sentiment. I watercolored the images using my aquapainter and Old Olive and Always Artichoke inks. OK, here comes the (somewhat) tricky part - assembly! First, I cut a 4" x 3/4" strip of Basic Black cs for the cross piece, which I attached to the card base using artichoke brads on either side. It is very important not to use adhesive for this part. This will be the only point at which the waterfall portion is attached to the card base. Then I cut a 9" x 2" strip of Always Artichoke cs, and scored it at 2", 2 3/4", 3 1/2", and 4 1/4". The square images pieces are adhered to this strip to create the waterfall. OK, after folding the Always Artichoke strip at the 4 1/4" score line, adhere the bottom edge of the 2" x 2" section of the strip to the cross piece. Next, adhere the bottom square image on top of the 2" x 2" section of the strip. For the next three image squares, you only want to adhere the top portion to the waterfall strip. I then manually go through and crease the scores, to allow for easier movement. Lastly, I added a bow of black gingham ribbon to the bottom of the waterfall strip, as a way to let people know it needs to pulled. Oh, I almost forgot - I added movement lines to the image squares using my black journaling marker. *grin*

6 comments:

Tara said...

OK, that card is waaay too cute! I don't have that set, nor did I particularly want it... but now I need it. For that frog. To make that card! Thanks for sharing!

Tara

imchatty (Denise) said...

AWESOME card. I am not a fan of that set or frogs...but you gotta love it!

Lisa said...

This is fantastic as always. Such a cute little green frog!

love2Bcreative said...

This is just supah cute Teresa and what an awesome way to show off a waterfall card!!! Yeah!!!
TFS~

Kristine said...

Oh, very cute!! I dídn't get that set :( but I just LOVE it and love all the examples I've seen with it. And, yes!! I have done waterfall cards b4...been a while, so this is very refreshing :0)

Shannon said...

I just saw this on SCS. Adorable. You are very creative!