For my Darling Daughter . . . .

My daughter Kaleigh is always so interested in my projects. She will be quite the crafter someday! I have learned that I cannot make things for other people and not make then for her too! *wink* When the mailbox craze hit and I was picking up a few, I made sure to get an extra one for her. Since I had not gotten around to altering one for her beforehand, I thought it would make a perfect Valentine's Day gift for her. I started by covering the mailbox with patterned paper from Bo Bunny. It is too cute, and the perfect colors for the occasion! I used sticky strip tape to adhere it, after punching a small circle and cutting a slit to accomodate the flag. I added some turquoise and black gingham ribbons to cover the gap. For the front, I covered a chipboard letter "K" from Making Memories with patterned paper and UHU Scrapbookers glue. Then I tied some pink and black gingham ribbons on and adhered it to the mailbox using UHU twist-n-glue. It holds great!!! Then I cut a small heart from some chipboard, adhered the paper to it, and attached it to the flag using the UHU glues. I added some more ribbons to the flag post. For the matching valentine, I started with a Pretty in Pink pocket note and adhered a strip of the Bo Bunny patterned paper across the front. I used the Sweet on You stamp set to make a little note on white cs, and added the letters "y", "o", and "u" from Typeset Alpha lower. I also used my new spiral punch to notch the edge. I also stamped the heart image on patterned paper, punched it with a circle punch and mounted it onto black cs. It is attached to the front of the card with a dimensional.


Another project for my daughter that I'd like to share with you is her new name frame. She is truly a princess (her name means crown princess) *rolleyes* and she has a matching princess bedroom, of course! We even painted a castle on her main wall! I had made a giant wooden pink polka dotted "K" hanger for her door a few years back and I have been wanting to make her a name frame for her room for some time now, but haven't had a clear idea of exactly what I'd like before now. I saw this new paper at my LSS a few weeks ago. It is in the Disney line and is made by Sandylion! I fell in love with it, and just knew I could use it for something in Kaleigh's room! I have had this frame set aside for awhile too, for just this purpose so I cut a piece of Pretty in Pink cs and cut the 12x12 patterned paper just a bit smaller, focusing on the castle. Then I used my Flower #1 die and my Cuttlebug to cut 7 flowers from Whisper White cs, which I then stamped with her name using the Typeset Alphabet lower in Certainly Celery, Pretty in Pink, and Bashful Blue inks. It was really simple to make once I actually sat down determined to do it, and I think it looks very nice! Most importantly, Kaleigh loves it and it is the perfect addition to her princess room! *grin*

8 comments:

Jen said...

Too sweet!!!!!

Allison said...

That is a terrific name frame...it should go perfect in her room!

Alli said...

oH MY GOSH, WOW, PICK JAW UP OFF FLOOR! (Sorry about shouting, didn't realise caps were on), these are gorgeous, amazing, cute, wonderful!

Amy said...

Those are precious and it inspires me to make something for my daughter. I'll probably wait until she's older. She is one and isn't interested in much except chewing on the paper and the wood part of the stamps!!

Peggy Maier said...

What a precious name frame! I have not seen one done like this. What little girl wouldn't love it?
I know she loved the mailbox, too. I like your choice of papers.

Kristine said...

That's just beautiful!! Great job on your "out of the box" creativity :0)

Lisa said...

I am available for adoption.
What a beautiful keep sake.
Awesome job!

love2Bcreative said...

Oh! How awesome ;o))))
TFS~