Coaster Box Revisited

Do you remember the coaster box/candle ensemble I made just before Thanksgiving for my friend that was having us over for dinner? Well, apparently coaster boxes are all the rage right now! SCS featured a tutorial on making these a few weeks back, and they are popping up everywhere now. They did a few things differently than I did the first time around, so I decided to give it another try. I covered my coasters on both sides, using Bo Bunny paper and UHU twist -n- glue. I wanted it to still be pretty on the inside when the goodies are gone! *wink* I tied my Jody ribbon into knots instead of lacing them up because I don't really care for that look. I did glue the bottom coaster into place, rather than tying it with ribbon. I just smooshed the bottom coaster inside so that it is mostly hidden. I have decided that I *need* a Crop-o-dile though! Making the holes for the ribbon with my Provo Craft Silent Setter is really tiring!!! Love it for setting eyelets at any hour though! *grin* I placed some Hershey's Kisses in a cello bag and tied it off with some red dotted organdy from my friend AJ (willosmama). I think these coaster boxes are too cute for gift giving! I have another idea for one in mind, so be on the lookout for that in the not-too-distant future here at Inkfully Yours!

6 comments:

Alli said...

Teresa, this is so yummy! So it's on its way to me then! :)

love2Bcreative said...

This is just awesome Teresa!! Now....if only I could get my coasters that I ordered back in November...200 of em...all square of couse...but that is 'nother long story just in itself!!
In the meantime I'll just stare at yours and dream!!! Love it love it love it!!
TFS~

AJ said...

So *stinkin* fun!! I love these boxes....great job!!!

Dianne said...

This coaster box is too cute! Love your work!

Lisa said...

This is sweet, no pun intended. I love the papers. Did you get the matching ribbon too?

Cyndi said...

Way too cute Teresa! Love it!