Thoughts of you . . . .

I usually only do the SCS challenges on Tuesday (color) and Wednesday (sketch). I usually have lots of other projects occupying my time. However I was particularly inspired by today's Ways to Use it challenge - Background check! I *heart* all of my background stamps!!! I have well over a dozen of them, and I can rarely seem to make a card without them! ;) I thought the French Flair BG and French BG would look good together, for obvious reasons, and I decided to try them out. I stamped the French Script BG in Sahara Sand ink on Sahara Sand cs, then layered the French Flair BG over it in white craft ink. For the focal piece, I cut a strip of paper from the Enchante designer series. It has "Bonjour" stamped repeatedly on it. I notched the corners using the ticket corner punch, and matted it onto Pale Plum cs. Next, I cut a small piece of acetate, and stamped it with a portion of the French Flair BG in white StazOn ink. I attached it over the main panel using a dab of strategicly place adhesive, over which I added two flowers I cut out from the ds paper. I added a photo hanger from my antique brass Hodgepodge Hardware kit to the right side of the focal panel, and added a piece of moss gingham ribbon as a finishing touch. The panel is popped up on dimensionals. Finally, I added the sentiment from the Warmest Regards hostess set in the bottom right corner with Perfect Plum ink, notched the corners of the Sahara Sand piece, and adhered it to the Perfect Plum card base. I *love* the look of this card! I think it really shows the versatility and depth that background stamps can add!

9 comments:

Karen said...

beautiful - love how these look together!!

stampin_melissa said...

Wow, this is such a lovely card! I've not let myself order the French Flair but I feel my resolve melting! Rats! LOL!

Colleen said...

I love this card! I have not had a desire for French Flair but I think you just changed that! LOL

Tara said...

I love your cards... I've been lurking for awhile now. Great work. I just got the Carte Postale and the French Flair, so I am very interested to see what people are doing with them. Lovely.

Danita said...

This is such a beautiful card! Thanks for inspiring us!

Peggy Maier said...

Another beautiful creation! Where DO you get such inspiration? I need to tap in to it!

Lisa said...

I love what you did with this. I can't do anything with it!

Allison said...

This is terrific...great BG, great use of stamps, great color, great everything!

love2Bcreative said...

*uh* how awesome!!!!
nuther' great card Teresa!! fer' sure!! ;o)))
TFS~