Mon Amie . . .

. . . my friend! This is my take on one of the projects shown at SU! Leadership this past week. It is a Photo Wallet and it is soooo cute! shekinah over at SCS posted a fabulous version of this project, along with directions. Thank you so much! It looked easy enough, so I decided to try it out for myself. I started with a piece of 12 x 4 5/8 Close to Cocoa cs which I scored at 3 1/8, 6 1/4, 6 1/2, 9 3/4, and 10". Then I stamped the front, back, and top inside panels with my French Flair BG in Chocolate Chip ink. Next I adhered a piece of Enchante designer series paper to the top front and back flaps, being careful to center the script. To create the belly band, I cut a strip of Pale Plum cs 1 x 10 1/2, and scored it to fit over the wallet. I also adhered some of the Enchante ds paper to it to give it a little more interest. I cut slits where the two ends of the band overlapped, and added some brass brads from my Hodgepodge Hardware kit on either side. As an extra detail, I added a strip of chocolate grosgrain ribbon on the left side of the band. For the inside pockets, I used shekinah's tip and used medium sized envelopes that I sealed and then cut in half. I stamped them with the Fleru-de-lis image from the Finest Flourishes set in Perfect Plum, Chocolate Chip, and Certainly Celery ink. I notched the left corner using my 1 1/4" circle punch, about 1/3 of the way down. The envie pockets are adhered to the wallet using Sticky Stip adhesive, a strong red tape that will hold them firmly in place. The imserts are sized at 4 x 2 7/8" , and are cut from Perfect Plum, Chocolate Chip, and Certainly Celery cs. I adhered a 1" strip of coordinating Enchante ds paper to the left side of each insert, and created a pull using a clip from my brass Hodgepodge Hardware kit, which I adhered using my 2 way glue pen. This was so fun to make, and resulted in a super cute friendship gift, if I do say so myself! I hope you'll try it out for yourself!

1 comments:

Lisa said...

How adorable! Thanks for the directions.....but I think I will just let you make me one cause you do such a good job! :)