I've got a bug . . .

. . . a Cuttlebug that is! ;) I am so excited!!! It was an impromptu purchase (sort of), not something I really save for or anything. I have been eyeing all the beautiful cards that are being made with their embossing folders and dies, and at 40% off the price was right! *giddies* It is an early Mother's Day present from hubby (no, I didn't have to sell my soul to get it - lol!) So far, I am very happy with my little splurge, and I look forward to sharing my insights on it with you. This is my first card made with my Cuttlebug goodies, and I used the Flower #1 dies and the Stylized Flowers embossing folder. It is a card for this week's color combo at SCS using Close to Cocoa, Sage Shadow and Pale Plum. The plum cs was embossed and then highlighted using cocoa and sage chalk pastels. The largest flower is cut out of chipboard and is matted with paper from the Enchante designer series. The smaller flowers are just cut from cardstock and designer papers. I used my UHU Scrapbookers Pen sample to adhere all the papers to the flower, then I used my Provo Craft Silent Setter to punch a hole in the center and added a vintage brad. I stamped the word "always" from the SU! Sellabration set Happy Harmony in plum ink at the bottom of the scalloped circle that I punched from Very Vanilla cs. Finally I added a tie of tupe grosgrain ribbon at the bottom as a finishing touch. I am really liking the elegant look this embossing folder brings to the card. I *know* I promised you some reader appreciation for the new year, and I haven't forgotten. Check back tomorrow for an exciting update! *wink*

4 comments:

InspiredByInk said...

Beautiful card. I got a cricut for xmas and am wondering if I should have gotten a cuttlebug instead! Darn these little bugs! They're everywhere! hehehe TFS bobbie

Lisa said...

This is so beautiful! I know by the time I get my cuttlebug, it will have gone the way of the dinosaur. But your card is just so pretty and perfect. I can't wait to see more!

stampin_melissa said...

Ohhhh, you lucky woman! I have my 40% off coupon and thought about heading over to Michaels today. I'm not sure I'll get it or not. I don't have ANY of these types of machines, so I'm a bit afraid of them! :) I'm not sure I can splurge on such contraband!!!!

Allison said...

Great looking card...love the layering of the scalloped pieces.