It's a swap . . . .

My friend AJ is hostessing a swap for the stamp set SU! sent to all demonstrators for Christmas, Polka Dots & Paisley. Of course, I jumped at the invitation to join! ;) Yesterday I worked feverishly to get them hammered out, so I can pop them in the mail to her on Monday. I wanted to do something a little different, so instead of using the flower as is, I used my markers to turn it upside down, and into a coneflower! I used chocolate and rose to ink the blossom, then flipped it and stamped. Next I inked the stem with my celery marker, and placed that as well. For the main image panel, I notched the corners using the ticket corner punch and matted it onto Chocolate Chip cs. I also used the "diamond dust" technique. I covered the entire panel with Versamark ink, them embossed with Iridescent Ice embossing powder for a truly sparklay shine!!! For the card base, I used Certainly Celery cs, and stamped the dotted pattern along the bottom 3/4 of the card. I added a double strip of ribbon along the seam. I used the pink crinkly ribbon from the Flirty Ribbon Originals collection and chocolate grosgrain ribbon. The main image panel is popped up on dimensionals. For the sentiment, I inked most with my chocolate marker, used my rose marker for the word "little", and punched with the key tag punch. I think it came out pretty well, hope all the other swappers, and our lovely hostess are happy with them too!

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Wow, girl! Stunning as usual.
I love how you made it into a coneflower! Impressive.

Cyndi said...

Wow this is awesome and such wonderful ideas/changes! You are one fantastic stamper!!!!

Anyone would love to get that!!

AJ said...

I think they are fabulous! I *love* the way you changed up the flower!
Your stuff is always fabulous!!!

Karen said...

ohhh pretty! Great card!

love2Bcreative said...

Ohh Teresa!! This is just stunning!! Love what you have done with the coneflower and then made them dazzle!!!
TFS~